Fiend

• _
  • forum hero
  • Abominable sex magick practitioner and climbing heathen
  • Whut
#25 Re: An idea for videos
June 25, 2015, 09:55:20 am
That was 144 words you dome  :chair: :whip: :rtfm:

Also exactly what cheque said, -1 to the idea.

slackline

• forum hero
    • Sheffield Boulder
#26 Re: An idea for videos
June 25, 2015, 10:06:21 am
That was 144 words you dome  :chair: :whip: :rtfm:

It was only my reply to Adam that was requested to be < 100 words.  :tease:

Will Hunt

• forum hero
  • Superworm is super-long
    • Unknown Stones
#27 Re: An idea for videos
June 25, 2015, 12:52:16 pm
I'll stick my neck out and hazard a guess that the vast majority of people who submit videos to the Vimeo UKBouldering : Pink Anasazi group on Vimeo are registered users here.  If for example fatneck is doing his daily browse of new videos on Vimeo and comes across a bouldering/climbing one that he likes he could submit it to the group on Vimeo and the RSS feed used to pick it up here in UKBouldering four times a day.  This saves him the time taken to copy & paste the URL between Vimeo and the video thread.

The reddit idea was crap. This is not a bad idea.

slackline

• forum hero
    • Sheffield Boulder
#28 Re: An idea for videos
June 25, 2015, 01:02:15 pm
The reddit idea was crap. This is not a bad idea.

Its the same idea though... autmoating inclusion of videos, just different examples of how that might be achieved.

slackline

• forum hero
    • Sheffield Boulder
#29 Re: An idea for videos
July 07, 2015, 09:43:33 am
I should be clear that /r/climbingvids is only one suggestion, the Vimeo UKBouldering : Pink Anasazi RSS feed could also be included in this manner.

I'll stick my neck out and hazard a guess that the vast majority of people who submit videos to the Vimeo UKBouldering : Pink Anasazi group on Vimeo are registered users here.  If for example fatneck is doing his daily browse of new videos on Vimeo and comes across a bouldering/climbing one that he likes he could submit it to the group on Vimeo and the RSS feed used to pick it up here in UKBouldering four times a day.  This saves him the time taken to copy & paste the URL between Vimeo and the video thread.

Dave, Adam, cheque and everyone else has the desired level of "curation" performed for the most part, but contingent on the above assumption, by UKB users.  Sofware has been used to automate a repetitive task which was the main motiviation to my suggestion.

:tumble:

This doesn't address the "curation" concern of anyone other than Will?

:tumble:

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal