UKBouldering.com

[Peak][Blackwell Dale][Griff's Buttress][Rich's Traverse][8a+?] (Read 3120 times)

Dicker

• addict
Essentially sit-start to 'Ovine Low Left'. Waited until this problem finally dried out! Apologies if already been done.
Felt harder for me than Ru's traverse so am unsure of the grade - somewhere in region of 8a+ (but sure there is probably some clever foot sequence I have missed).
Be good to get a second ascent and get confirmation on the grade before it wets out again! Actually climbs pretty well.
http://www.peakbouldering.info/areas/5-central-limestone/crags/109-blackwell-dale/boulders/534-griff-s-buttress/problems/5961-rich-s-traverse
« Last Edit: September 24, 2015, 08:38:56 am by Dicker »

haydn jones

• forum hero
Nice! Was wondering what all that chalk under there was for!
Now this just needs to be done into nobles king of lambs!

Dicker

• addict
Where does that go?!

a dense loner

• forum hero
Good vid, at least we know where one of the low starts on that wall goes now!

Dicker

• addict
Cheers. Have done a similar one for Ru's also on PeakBouldering.info.

El Mocho

• forum abuser
Nice.

Did Ru's and Ovine low the other day. My sequence on Ru's was a little different - couldn't do it with the big reach to the sloper so shuffled along on that bit but otherwise the same...

I was starting Ovine Low Left with the good crimp and an undercut on the lip, feet R at back of roof then out to the inter you use. Your lower version looks good, may try to get there again whilst it is dry - I had just told bonjoy I was done with that bit of valley!

Kingy

• forum hero
Cool video, good to bump into you there the other week. The start of Rich's traverse looks nails! I started Ovine Low Left exactly where you are at 34 secs into the vid with my RH on the tiny crimp/pinch about 9 inches to the right of the slot, seemed the logical start point for the 7C version.

Best get  :strongbench: for your new low start!  :bow:

Ru

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
That looks good.

Nice.

Did Ru's and Ovine low the other day. My sequence on Ru's was a little different - couldn't do it with the big reach to the sloper so shuffled along on that bit but otherwise the same...

Yeah, I shuffled along that bit too.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal