UKBouldering.com

Crag X fly tipping (Read 11654 times)

horn

• regular
#25 Re: Crag X fly tipping
June 11, 2015, 11:44:45 am
Wild Country and Outside organise a "Crag Clean Up Day" every year. It gets a really good turn out, and there's a free barbecue in the evening and prizes too as an incentive. It's on the 27th of June this year. I know you should clear shit up whenever you're out and about, but it seems to really concentrate peoples efforts.

https://twitter.com/OutsideShop/status/608656151140532224

tomtom

• forum hero
#26 Re: Crag X fly tipping
June 11, 2015, 03:07:21 pm
Just back from X - Moo you did a superb job on the trees. Effort - and waddage due. I was wrong about leaving them - it'll look fine in a few weeks...

Bonjoy

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
  • Leafy gent
#27 Re: Crag X fly tipping
June 12, 2015, 03:34:57 pm
Highrepute cleared this up last night.  :thumbsup:

DAVETHOMAS90

• forum hero
  • Dave Thomas is an annual climber to 1.7m, with strongly fragrant flowers
  • Don't die with your music still inside you ;)
#28 Re: Crag X fly tippingI
June 16, 2015, 06:50:52 pm
 Hey, that's great news. Great effort. I'll look him up for the +1

8)

As an aside, I was out at Crag X a little earlier

..... so many tick marks. It looked a mess.
JR, Superman, Hulk, Egg problems etc, etc.  :no:

I'll try to post them up later. It's a little worrying, how much abuse this crag is getting. I think we need to try to encourage a little Crag X lore in my opinion.  :???:

tomtom

• forum hero
#29 Crag X fly tipping
June 16, 2015, 08:26:55 pm
Hi Dave - I was there this morning so some of the little ticks on JR would be mine. Tbh, I don't think they were bad at all.. There were some heavier thick ticks on some of the footholds but it's not as bad as what I saw at Helsby the other day (pic below).

I think the crag is pretty well looked after I've never had to pick up any tape or other litter - and if I didn't climb - I think my eyes would probably be drawn first to the chunky wooden ladder that resides there rather than some little tick marks.. ;)

(Of course someone might have got there after me and sprayed the place with chalk!)

tomtom

• forum hero
#30 Re: Crag X fly tipping
June 16, 2015, 09:31:11 pm
(Just re read that and it came across a bit arsey! Sorry - didn't mean to come across like that!)

DAVETHOMAS90

• forum hero
  • Dave Thomas is an annual climber to 1.7m, with strongly fragrant flowers
  • Don't die with your music still inside you ;)
#31 Re: Crag X fly tipping
June 17, 2015, 12:27:56 am
(Just re read that and it came across a bit arsey! Sorry - didn't mean to come across like that!)

Nope didn't come across as that at all.

But I think if you're going to use them, perhaps you ought to take responsibility for them, and brush them off. I can't stand them, and find them really intrusive - as much as the assumption that other people won't mind because they're only small. Not sure I go with this argument that your's are OK because someone else's are worse, either. :-\

People will just see tick marks, and not differentiate.. When I got there it was a real mess.

I was worried about the chopping up of the tree too, given the sensitivity of the area. Other people will have a different opinion to me on that though.

Anyway, how was the climbing? I really couldn't climb a thing. Just popped in for a look see with a friend, Matt. All pretty warm and greasy, I thought.
Not this today: :strongbench:

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal