UKBouldering.com

Countdown (chee dale) (Read 1992 times)

MattW

• regular
Countdown (chee dale)
June 10, 2015, 06:37:15 pm
Sad to have to report that a crucial hold has come off countdown at chee. The large prominent side pull used early on to move right to the crux pocket you undercut off came clean off this afternoon. It hasn't left anything to work with so is now impossible by the original method and likely to be much harder if an alternative method can be found.

If anyone has the will/skill to try and fix it it came off in one clean piece and we left it at the foot of the route. I will happily get involved with the effort but wouldn't know where to start on my own. It left quite a muddy scar behind so it looks like it would have come off sooner or later as there can't have been much keeping it on. Gutted!

nai

• forum hero
  • In my dreams
#1 Re: Countdown (chee dale)
June 11, 2015, 04:28:49 pm
Saw this done today, a bit harder but still possible at 7b.
A chunk also came off the start of Quality Control but again makes no odds. The lime seems a lot looser than usual this year, lots of flakiness around.

Sent from my XT1068 using Tapatalk

MattW

• regular
#2 Re: Countdown (chee dale)
June 11, 2015, 05:42:43 pm
Noticed it has been logged on ukc post breakage so good to hear it's not totally screwed. Will head back and give the new start a bash.

Bonjoy

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
  • Leafy gent
#3 Re: Countdown (chee dale)
June 12, 2015, 08:14:32 am
The question is more, does it spoil the quality of the climbing. If so and it's an easy fix it should be stuck back IMO.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal