UKBouldering.com

Ipod Touch screen not working - what to do? (Read 1675 times)

Nigel

• forum hero
Ipod Touch screen not working - what to do?
September 21, 2015, 12:13:37 am
Hi tech genii, I've got a 3rd gen Ipod Touch which I think may have got a little damp (though certainly not wet!) sometime last year. When I last tried it earlier this year the screen turns on but it won't respond to touch i.e. you can't swipe it open, or basically do anything! Took it to Apple store at time and they restored it (I think that's the term??) but still didn't work, so they reckoned it was a hardware fault and told me to buy a new one. An offer I declined given the cost. Question - can it be brought back from the dead for a manageable sum either by myself or a repair company? If DIY fix, what do I need to get? I know nothing. But if its fixable I'll be able to fix it I reckon, if pointed in the right direction....cheers!

Johnny Brown

• forum hero
You can fit new screens to iPods for about £40 a try iphonefixuk. I've changed a couple of batteries and a screen. The screen was a bigger job than I'd bargained for but there are plenty of videos on the net.

Do a load of searches first, there'll be someone with the same story.

andyd

• forum hero
    • https://vimeo.com/user14959179
Can you get a wireless mouse and keyboard fit it. I reckon that'd be quite a slick solution :smartass:

andy_e

• forum hero
Lee Robinson of BetaGuides fame knows how to fix them I think.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal