UKBouldering.com

Tipping a Barber?? (Read 10806 times)

GraemeA

• forum hero
  • FTM
    • The Works, it's the Bollocks
#25 Re: Tipping a Barber??
August 26, 2017, 05:19:35 pm
So to sort of repeat myself, why don't people tip me for the service I provide at the Works

You don't have a tip jar.

I give the tall thin guy with spots a couple of quid every time he lets me in for free...

Grimer doesn't work for us!

mrjonathanr

• forum hero
  • Getting fatter, not fitter.
#26 Re: Tipping a Barber??
August 26, 2017, 11:15:57 pm

Why don't I tip the guy at Sheffield Waitrose fish counter or the guy at the posh offy/whisky shop on Sharrowvale Rd. The latter in particular ticks all of the boxes.

Ladies and Gentlemen, winner of 'the-most-middle-class-comment-of-the-thread' is.....
  :clap2:

Dear me Graeme, you have fallen a long way  :lol:

webbo

• forum hero
#27 Re: Tipping a Barber??
August 26, 2017, 11:41:54 pm
The most middle class post ever on UKB. I thought I had gone through to esquire by mistake.

:lol:

Rationally, tipping makes sense for a service that: 1. is provided by a specific person 2. you trust that person to deliver the service well 3. you don't necessarily trust other people to do it 4. the service is important to you in some way 5. you use the service often. In my life, hair cutting is the only thing that ticks all those boxes. So  I always tip the stylist generously.

So to sort of repeat myself, why don't people tip me for the service I provide at the Works,
Maybe because you provide such a shit service or who would trust a someone with hair like yours to cut theirs. ;D

GraemeA

• forum hero
  • FTM
    • The Works, it's the Bollocks
#28 Re: Tipping a Barber??
August 27, 2017, 11:32:19 am
Maybe you should? I am sure if posh offy's added a tip option at payment (do Brit debit machines work like that? - I have forgotten - it is a common thing here in Canada) there'd be plenty of people who would add something.

No, our card machines aren't set up like that.

lagerstarfish

• forum hero
  • Weapon Of Mass
  • "There's no cure for being a c#nt"
#29 Re: Tipping a Barber??
August 27, 2017, 11:37:57 am
I would expect a "tips" jar on the counter at The Works to quickly fill up with Viz Top Tips style memos

eg. here's a tip for you - improve success rates on climbs by making sure you don't let go

I give it half a day before someone writes "climb faster" as a tip

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal