UKBouldering.com

[County Durham][Kelton Hill][Some new sitters][6B-7A] (Read 1903 times)

andy_e

• forum hero
Went up to Kelton Hill the other day, a lovely venue the other side of Baldersdale to Goldsborough Carr. Managed to climb almost every problem there as well as adding some sit-starts to those which deserved it. Underneath a superficial layer of scrittle, the rock is very good quality and once brushed, the problems are very nice. It's a great circuit for the lower-grade climber and a lovely place to be of a sunny evening.

I added a sit-start to Pain Of Time at around 7A and a sitter to the arete of Time On Our Side at around 6B. I think these are new, although I wouldn't be surprised if some quiet moorsperson had put them up and not told anyone. A lot of the other problems there are pretty nice too, in particular Time Torn Man and Shaking Time.

There's no right of way from the Pennine Way unfortunately as this is the direct route up to the crag, following the Pennine Way to the base of the ridge on which the crag lies, breaking off left for 150 metres to reach a wall and CRoW access land beyond. This isn't the route I took, instead following the longer guidebook description. Didn't get any hassle off the shepherd whilst I was up there, he drove past in his offroad golf buggy thing and didn't bat an eyelid. He did bellow and call one of his sheep a cunt though which I thought was hilarious.

Here's a video of some of the evening's exploits:

andy_e

• forum hero

fatneck

• forum hero
  • Fishing Helm
Effort lid... good shout from the farmer too!!

Steve Crowe

• menacing presence
  • Using knees since 1974
    • www.climbonline.co.uk
I have updated my site with some quotes. I hope that is okay?

andy_e

• forum hero
Cheers Steve!

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal