UKBouldering.com

Peak Area Meet 15th April at the Maynard, Grindlewald Terry Abrham Talk (Read 2532 times)

shark

• Administrator
  • forum hero
  • insect overlord #1
Did anyone else see the excellent Year on Scafell programme last night? If not it is available on BBC IPlayer. Furthermore the creator, Terry Abraham is speaking at the next Peak Area Meet

PEAK by ukbshark, on Flickr

The deadline for the next Peak Area Newsletter is the 1st April – all contributions welcome. Please send them directly to Martin, the editor, at: peakarea@gmail.com

As part of the main meeting on the 15th Dave Turnbull, CEO and Carey Davies, BMC Hill Walking Development Officer will be presenting plans for hill walkers, asking the question - ‘what do hill walkers want from the BMC?’

Also in attendance from the Peak District National Park Authority (PDNPA) will be Rebekah Newman  (who is in charge of Stanage North Lees) and Sue Smith (Rights of Way person) who deals with access issues. The PDNPA is in the midst of consultations with key stakeholders to inform a refreshed Management Plan. If you have any priorities that you would like to feed into this Plan, or have an opinion on car parking charges on PDPNA land (including Stanage), then please come along to the meeting and have your say.

After a buffet provided by the BMC, Terry Abraham will be giving a presentation, including short clips of his work, entitled: “The Life of a Mountain Man”. After seeing his film, ‘Life of a Mountain: A Year on Scafell Pike' I think we’re all in for a real treat.
Further date for your diary:

25th April, 2pm, at Edale Village Hall – Spirit of Kinder, an event organized by the Kinder and High Peak Advisory Committee, celebrating 50 years of the Pennine Way. This is being hosted by the BMC Ambassador Chris Townsend and admission is free.

Also on the 25th April, The Friends of the Peak are having their annual fundraising charity walk. Visit here for more details

« Last Edit: March 21, 2015, 01:44:31 pm by shark »

shark

• Administrator
  • forum hero
  • insect overlord #1
A reminder that this is happening on Wednesday.

If anyone wants a lift from Sheffield S10/S11 let me know.

If you haven't got a copy of the latest (April) Peak Area newsletter it is available here: www.thebmc.co.uk/peak-area-newsletter-april-2015

dave

I'm going but will be turning up late. Can someone save me a good seat? You know the kind I like - 4 legs, flat surface, bit at the back to lean on.

Johnny Brown

• forum hero

shark

• Administrator
  • forum hero
  • insect overlord #1
Good meeting I thought. Terry Abraham's talk/show was a triumph and Carey Davies did a decent Jonathon Ross. More on him and an exclusive video here:
https://www.thebmc.co.uk/see-exclusive-teasers-of-terry-abrahams-new-film-at-bmc-meeting

The full DVD for a year on Scafell (as opposed to the cut down version that appeared on BBC1 can be bought at the BMC shop http://www.bmcshop.co.uk/product_info.php?products_id=7028

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal