UKBouldering.com

Management, motivation and mentality. (Read 2194 times)

Oldmanmatt

• forum hero
  • At this rate, I probably won’t last the week.
  • Largely broken. Obsolete spares and scrap only.
    • The Boulder Bunker climbing centre
Management, motivation and mentality.
March 06, 2015, 11:27:00 am
I was looking for more reading on this subject and an old friend who had been involved in the study to which this article relates, passed it on.

I can vouch for it and confirm that the system is somewhat different from the general public's perception of disciplined service. Being locked in a steel box for months on end (particularly when dodging Iranian Silk Worms or when in A.N. Other unreported, not really happening, shh! Don't tell anyone, area of conflict) is not the best setting for the die-hard autocrat..

http://www.mckinsey.com/insights/organization/leadership_lessons_from_the_royal_navy

It is worth reading.

Sloper

• forum hero
  • fat and weak but with good footwork.
I wonder if there's a list of the apocryphal performance review quotes I particularly remember 'this man will work if cornered' and ' Lt x's men will follow him anywhere, if only out of a sense of morbid curiosity'.

johnx2

• obsessive maniac
Quote from: McKinsey Quarterly
I’ve been struck, while conducting research on the Royal Navy, by the extent to which these engines of war run on “soft” leadership skills.

Rum, sodomy and the lash? 

Jaspersharpe

• forum hero
  • 1B punter
  • Allez Oleeeve!
I’ve been struck, while conducting research on the Royal Navy, by the extent to which these engines of war run on “soft” leadership skills.

That's a great album.

Oldmanmatt

• forum hero
  • At this rate, I probably won’t last the week.
  • Largely broken. Obsolete spares and scrap only.
    • The Boulder Bunker climbing centre

Nah.
They stopped the Rum in '79...

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal