UKBouldering.com

How wacky and unconstitutional will our wacky constitutional monarch be? (Read 2869 times)

mrjonathanr

• forum hero
  • Getting fatter, not fitter.

lagerstarfish

• forum hero
  • Weapon Of Mass
  • "There's no cure for being a c#nt"
his distinctive style which includes plenty of underlinings and exclamation marks.

that's enough for me to put him in the ring with Clarkson at the next Royal Variety Performance

Sloper

• forum hero
  • fat and weak but with good footwork.
It really is appalling. 

Oldmanmatt

• forum hero
  • At this rate, I probably won’t last the week.
  • Largely broken. Obsolete spares and scrap only.
    • The Boulder Bunker climbing centre
Probably, mostly along the lines of "I'm telling my Mummy on you"...

Interspersed with "the fairies told me it was good" and "the evil spirits told me this was wrong"....

And something about "Mars (bar?) being in Uranus" (which I'd wager was a habit he picked up at school).

Stubbs

Been looking forward to these being released since this long read article last year

http://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2014/nov/19/-sp-what-kind-king-will-prince-charles-be

mrjonathanr

• forum hero
Yeah me too. ER has (afawk) been scrupulous in keeping out of democratic process. Charles has been lobbying, in secret, for some time.

A thoroughly undemocratic process.

After all if there's nothing to hide, why hide it?

Sloper

• forum hero
  • fat and weak but with good footwork.
I would lay good odds on these letters being very tedious and not at all interesting.

Charles lobbying isn't relevant I would suggest, I mean it wasn't like Bernie Ecclstone 'lending' Labour £1m when there was the question of banning fags from being advertised on F1 cars in sport.

Probably some bollocks about GM, homeopathy, Gibraltar and other Crown dependencies

Duma

• forum hero
TBF, as far as I've read into this (not that far, true) it's not Charles that's resisting publication, its the govt - and as sloper says, I doubt there's much of inerest here tbh. I'm more concerned that the gov will use this as an excuse to further undermine the FOI act.

mrjonathanr

• forum hero
I would lay good odds on these letters being very tedious and not at all interesting.

Charles lobbying isn't relevant I would suggest, I mean it wasn't like Bernie Ecclstone 'lending' Labour £1m when there was the question of banning fags from being advertised on F1 cars in sport.

Probably some bollocks about GM, homeopathy, Gibraltar and other Crown dependencies

The problem isn't that he might be tedious but that a constitutional monarch should be unconstitutionally trying to influence policy, no matter how ineffective or inconsequential you feel the outcome may be.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal