UKBouldering.com

www.boulderfont.info - a little guide to bouldering in Fontainebleau (Read 3332 times)

averysmallman

I'm a freelance web designer and had a few free days this week so I made a little bouldering guide for Font - www.boulderfont.info

It's sort of a beginners/trip planning guide with basic info like 'How to get there' and 'Where to stay' etc but hopefully people will find it useful.

Any issues/errors/additions just shout.

Jonathan

cha1n

• forum hero
Unless there's some variation I've not heard of, the problem in the photo on this page is called Smash; http://www.boulderfont.info/food-gear.html

Not fond of the animation on the first page, but I'm not really Fond on them on any site. Not really looked thoroughly, the photos seem good though.

Sloper

• forum hero
  • fat and weak but with good footwork.
Good tip on the route around paris, but worth plotting out the A104, N104 as the A4 short section has been remodeled and the A5bis /A6 section can be a bit confusing.

averysmallman

Unless there's some variation I've not heard of, the problem in the photo on this page is called Smash; http://www.boulderfont.info/food-gear.html

Was a bit unsure whether it was Smash or Smatch to be honest. Seems to be called Smatch on some websites/vids and Smash on other. I'll take your word on Smash though. Amended on the site. Cheers.

averysmallman

Good tip on the route around paris, but worth plotting out the A104, N104 as the A4 short section has been remodeled and the A5bis /A6 section can be a bit confusing.

This is the way I've gone before that worked well. Is this the way you mean? Good shout putting a link to the plotted route.

https://www.google.co.uk/maps/dir/Fontainebleau,+France/Calais,+France/@48.8256317,2.4548971,11z/data=!4m13!4m12!1m5!1m1!1s0x47e5f38bf6baad81:0x40b82c3688c5a90!2m2!1d2.70162!2d48.404676!1m5!1m1!1s0x47dc3f75d7f1e363:0xacbed9e08cd279f4!2m2!1d1.858686!2d50.95129

Sloper

• forum hero
  • fat and weak but with good footwork.
Yes, but you can head West just North of Melun and then come off just east of Milly la Foret (if that's where you're staying) my trouble is I drive by sight and my map dates from about 1990 and Mrs Sloper can barely navigate to the toilet.

averysmallman

Yes, but you can head West just North of Melun and then come off just east of Milly la Foret (if that's where you're staying) my trouble is I drive by sight and my map dates from about 1990 and Mrs Sloper can barely navigate to the toilet.

:lol:

I think I've done that route too in the past. I've added in the above Google Map link. People can hopefully tweak once  they know where they're staying but at least they'll have definitely avoided Paris. I've driven around the Peripherique a few times in the past, once resulting in a missed flight from Beauvais back to Glasgow leaving me and willackers with a 24hr wait in the glorified cow shed they call an airport. Never again.

old cheese

• obsessive maniac
  • does my arse look big in this
Apart from the skanky grey pants showing in eclipse photo I quite liked it as an introduction. The layout and simplicity was great. No more pants though, which is ironic really as I look left at my avatar :whistle:

averysmallman

Apart from the skanky grey pants showing in eclipse photo I quite liked it as an introduction. The layout and simplicity was great. No more pants though, which is ironic really as I look left at my avatar :whistle:

Thanks for the feedback. Kind of wish I hadn't seen your avatar though.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal