UKBouldering.com

Churnet Bouldering (The new guidebook) (Read 26913 times)

steveri

• forum abuser
  • More average than you
    • Some poor pictures
#50 Re: Churnet Bouldering (The new guidebook)
February 27, 2015, 03:51:36 pm
Top work. Looking forward to more sandstone shenanigans.

rainbow

• menacing presence
Right then, I've updated the UKC database to include what the guide contains. Sssshhhh I've also updated the whole of the Stoney Dale circuit, and within the photo gallery of that crag is a few topo's which correspond to the numbering in the database. You will have to look at the Stoney Dale bit separate as its not in the link below.
Perfect weather for getting down there at the mo. Let the grades debate start  :-\ :whistle:
http://www.ukclimbing.com/logbook/book.php?id=1503

bolehillbilly

• stalker
Brilliant work on all this. More great effort in sharing the Churnet joy.

Does anyone have any knowledge of the  fire in Dimmingsdale? The short online report on Ashbourne news suggests its quite extensive and could give some access issues in the short term.
Very sad news.

http://m.ashbournenewstelegraph.co.uk/acres-Dimmingsdale-woodland-destroyed/story-26378634-detail/story.html

Denbob99

• addict
I can't work out exactly where it is but the article mentions Red Road, which is the road down to Ramblers Retreat and basically runs along the bottom of the woods where the bulk of the climbing is.

mark s

• junky
there has been a massive fire in the woods around the area near the tea room.not sure if its affected any of the rocks though

Johnny Brown

• forum hero
Were you on shift Mark?

mark s

• junky
fortunately i missed the initial call and then when crews were called again i missed it by 20 minutes,win win. 

measles23

• stalker
Fire update - walked around the burnt area today: No documented climbing crags affected, altho a good bite of SSSI gone..

It's based on the spur that comes down to the big house at the head of the lake - couple of non climbing crags burnt..

Photos:

It went up to the bottom of this baby crag near the youth hostel, which I know I and others have played on; didn't seem damaged:

Interestingly at the base of the crag (did I say near the youth hostel) were two of those instant barbecue trays - not wishing to make 5 by adding 2 + 2, but is this the kind of thing the fire service would be interested in when they're investigating Mark??

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal