Dave Graham's scorecard

8b's in 4 tries   :shock:

dobbin

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
  • Buoux 7a
#1 Read it and weep
January 17, 2003, 09:30:44 am
Its the volume of 8A's that gets me! scary.

Apparently he can't lock off! I kid you not! my source has two finger boards above a door facing away from each other, so you could hang with your palms facing each other, and Wills (young) and co were trying to go down the board, onto the bottom rung and then switch both hands to the other finger board, catching a quarter joint edge blind and footless. whilst the strong boys, Wills, Randy etc, etc were struggling but could do one armers and all that DG caned it - every time, even getting  into monos and all sorts!

Fingers of steel and awesome technique. If you watch the dosage videos on ClimbXmedia then you'll have seen his ascent of dreamtime, theres one of Sharma doing it up there at the moment and Sharma is going for it whilst Dave Graham looks double chilled, he is sooooo accurate!

ben Moon is supposed to be close to Dreamtime.

dave

#2 Read it and weep
January 17, 2003, 09:47:25 am
I rate Graham, watch that Spectre bit on dosage, "the tension is raaad". I hear he's supermotivated and tends to keep trying hard problems and send them on his 30th attempt, thrashed.

Also good is that Rumney thing on climbXmedia, he climbs like the illest eastside biatch you ever saw.

I like the way he looks like a scrawny runt, but climbs like a machine - just like me. Well, the "looks like a runt"part anyway.

Avoiding the Traitor

• forum abuser
#3 Read it and weep
January 17, 2003, 10:34:52 am
8b is so easy !!

Yeah right! 7a is hard nuff for me :-)

dobbin

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
  • Buoux 7a
#4 Read it and weep
January 17, 2003, 10:51:50 am
we're all agreed that he's awesome then!

The vid of him at Rumney is ace, its like about 75ft of 8a climbing and then it starts to bite - awesome!

Craghead - is that john leslie in your avatar?

Avoiding the Traitor

• forum abuser
#5 Read it and weep
January 17, 2003, 11:02:20 am
I hope it not John Leslie !!

Off to Churnet Valley on Sunday with possible new V8 project (watch this space). :P

Bubba

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
#6 Read it and weep
January 17, 2003, 11:23:07 am
Or could it be Patrick Bateman? Be afraid.....

Is there much more in the Churnet apart from the stuff in the Peak Bouldering Guide yet?

Avoiding the Traitor

• forum abuser
#7 Read it and weep
January 17, 2003, 11:34:48 am
Only few more (i think) Will let u know on Monday.

james

• obsessive maniac
#8 Read it and weep
January 17, 2003, 12:04:25 pm
There is shit loads to do, ask Justfunk.
Cheers

James

SimonW

#9 Read it and weep
January 17, 2003, 01:25:18 pm
I was in Ceuse for a bit this summer when Dave Graham was there and I have never met anyone more psyched for anything, than Dave.  He ran up the hill to the crag every day (which anyone who has climbed there will know, is a f**kin' big hill) and did Biographie every and then fell of the extension, every day.  This after after warming up and onsighting yet another 8a+.  Incredible guy, v. inspiring to watch.

He can't do a one arm pull up as me and my mate were trying to do them on a tree in the campsite and were both pulling in more than he was! And we were failing on 7b+. Just goes to show.......

dobbin

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
  • Buoux 7a
#10 Read it and weep
January 17, 2003, 02:46:02 pm
Quote from: "SimonW"
He can't do a one arm pull up as me and my mate were trying to do them on a tree in the campsite and were both pulling in more than he was! And we were failing on 7b+. Just goes to show.......

Precisely! the man is awesome! there was a thread either on here or on CragX that was on about one armers - IT DOESN'T MATTER KIDS!

Mind you, i bet big Malc can curl a few out (titter)

Bubba

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
#11 Read it and weep
January 17, 2003, 02:50:29 pm
Finger strength is always going to be more important, but....it'd be nice to be able to do them just for the hell of it. Then you could casually examine the tips of your other hand as you pulled one-armed through that powerful crux sequence as the onlooking group of weaklings gasped in awe! Stop it Bubba, you're daydreaming again!

In Pat Ament's biography of John Gill, he describes how Gill would do a problem in a certain way, ie you had to just use one-armers (five in a row I think  :shock: ), even though you could have used your feet to make it easier, it just wasn't as stylesome.

Bubba

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
#12 Read it and weep
January 27, 2003, 10:51:18 am
Check out 8a.nu for Dave Graham's latest ass-kicking action - in four days during terrible weather, a new 8b, a new 8b+ and a new 8a+ onsight.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal