UKBouldering.com

The log pile commeth and I don't care. (Read 4881 times)

Sloper

• forum hero
  • fat and weak but with good footwork.
The log pile commeth and I don't care.
March 01, 2015, 05:37:18 pm
Just how fucking good is it to be one of three wearing green in a room full of England fans when 'the hype' get read a lesson(and you've called the score).

:beer2: :beer2: :beer2: :pissed: :pissed: :lol: :lol:  :spank: :spank: :spank: :spank:

chris j

• forum abuser
Well done, we were sloppy and careless and got punished for it. Now just make sure you beat the Welsh next week or they'll be insufferable again...

Sloper

• forum hero
Not just careless but lacking in basic skills,you kicked to long, Zebo gathered and set up good filed position with no competition, too often too clueless.

I think even PSA will find you out.

GraemeA

• forum hero
  • FTM
    • The Works, it's the Bollocks
You call us the Hype, read what you have written Sloper. You beat us today on your home turf but not by that much.

At least 3 penalties that were bull shit.

And remind me, just how many RWC's have you won.

Sloper

• forum hero
Ha ha ha ha. A chip on both shoulders and load of one eyed tripe, that's why the celtic fringe love shafting the commonwealth invitation XV.

Now here's hoping the Jocks give you a shafting and the French turn you over too.

Hoseyb

• forum abuser
  • Master of Obscurites
    • www.hoseyb.org.uk
I read the topic title, and thought it was Sloper's queue to break into a Family Guy style musical number.

Imagine my disappointment to discover it was only rugby...  :shrug:

Jim

• Trusted Users
  • forum hero
  • Mostly Injured
  • Pregnant Horse
    • Bouldering POI's for tomtom
I can't believe I'll be supporting the Welsh next weekend

Sloper

• forum hero
And the Welsh will be supporting the French in 3 weeks time  ;D

galpinos

• forum hero
A “good” result for England as it keeps them in check and has highlighted the some issues that the Welsh and Italian games glossed over.  They really need to sort their kicking (far too many uncontested kicks), as much as I like Burrell he seemed pretty absent so the centres need looking at, preferred Noah to May but they need to get the wings involved more when attacking and as for the forwards, getting the scrimmaging and lineout basics sorted is a priority!

As for Ireland, less cheaty than normal which was nice, worrying reliance on Sexton doesn’t bode well for the world cup and their clearly talented backs again failed to bring it all together, they looked a little toothless imo. Maybe there is more to come before the world cup if they can perform as well as the quality of players suggests they can……

Saints ground out another win without the superstars so it wasn’t all doom and gloom.

Sloper

• forum hero
I do love the eyed myopia and 'taking the positives', Engalnd have been a shambles for years and its there for all to see, the coaching staff are inept and able only to paper over the cracks.

Yes, it would be great to see some Irish champagne back play but rather have another grand slam or even championship, if we beat Wales (and there's no guarantee) then maybe we'll see a six try romp on the last day.

kelvin

• forum hero

Saints ground out another win without the superstars so it wasn’t all doom and gloom.

You originally from round here then galp?

galpinos

• forum hero

You originally from round here then galp?

Yep. Age 1 to 7 in Moulton then 7 till escaping (uni then briefly back for 3ish years) in East Hunsbury. Mum's still there but I'm up in Manchester now.

Sloper

• forum hero
I didn't know you werre Mancs based, where abouts? (at present in Hale but about to buy a place in Timperely)

kelvin

• forum hero

Yep. Age 1 to 7 in Moulton then 7 till escaping (uni then briefly back for 3ish years) in East Hunsbury. Mum's still there but I'm up in Manchester now.

Hence the Saints link then. I rarely go myself, maybe once a season, as I loved playing rugby but mixing with opposition fans is too much to bear. I'm far happier in the football crowd, booing when it's a penalty.

I'm actually from Oldham and left when I was 7... didn't reach here till I was thirteen but that was before Hunsbury was even on the map  ;D

galpinos

• forum hero
I didn't know you werre Mancs based, where abouts? (at present in Hale but about to buy a place in Timperely)

You're going down market? I'm in The People's Republic of Chorlton-cum-Hardy, right up your street!

galpinos

• forum hero
Hence the Saints link then. I rarely go myself, maybe once a season, as I loved playing rugby but mixing with opposition fans is too much to bear. I'm far happier in the football crowd, booing when it's a penalty.

I'm actually from Oldham and left when I was 7... didn't reach here till I was thirteen but that was before Hunsbury was even on the map  ;D

I used to have a season ticket when the Shed still existed. Only been to the odd match since it's all gone upmarket with all seating. It costs me more now for one match then is did for the season then! I enjoy going to Sale and cheering on the Saints though (less so since they moved to the arse end of nowhere, not a local pub in site).

Going back home it's incredible seing the amount of new houses. You must be pretty old if you were around before Hunsbury, wasn't it an iron age fort?  ;)

Is the Pinnacle any good? I've never had the chance to go as whenever I go home the list of jobs from my Mum means a quick run out to Milton Malsor is all I can fit in! I used to use the wall in the gym at Danes Camp then when I came back after uni went to Bear Rock twice a week (when Alex Fry ran the place, my favourite wall ever!).

kelvin

• forum hero
wasn't it an iron age fort?  ;)

I'm not that old that I remember the working fort but yeah, old. 50 this year. Thanks for that. I'm now in a bout of depression  :P I remember cycling around the fort on a BMX about 1980 - I assume they were never allowed to build on the site?

Pinnacle is alright - most of the setting is done by Alex Fry, had a few guest setters too and the lad I'm off to Spain with this year has been setting a bit lately. A bit more technical than Alex's strong style but in general, despite the boulder room being tiny, it's not a bad place to climb. The routes area is plenty big enough and the comp wall is rarely busy if you're into the overhanging thing.

Shout if you ever get the time when you're down here...

kelvin

• forum hero
Oh yeah - there's still the Gordon Terrace if you like standing... the Saints did something right when they modernised.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal