UKBouldering.com

ABS Nationals (Read 10733 times)

kelvin

• forum hero
#25 Re: ABS Nationals
February 09, 2015, 04:14:34 pm
I swear the other day I was looking at some pretty cool boulders from Iran on Instagram, maybe under #iranclimbing I am also pretty sure there was a picture of a chap on an 8b+, but I could be dreaming!

Haven't seen those, but it does look like there are some impressive rocks in Iran...

I was out in Iran maybe 5 years ago, before I started climbing (I was a scrambler and did winter stuff) and pretty much all the mountains around 4000m have these amazing ridges that are incredibly loose and falling down - there must be dozen upon dozens of brilliant boulders in every valley. Also crashed at the Climbing Federations hut/headquarters which had a pretty big gym/wall and spent a while drinking tea with some really psyched climbers.

standard

• obsessive maniac
#26 Re: ABS Nationals
February 09, 2015, 11:33:45 pm
so how did Mohammad do problem 3? seem to cruise past the crux that even steely fingered woods couldn't manage.
the feed missed him twice, opting instead to show a female standing on the mat.

krymson

• obsessive maniac
#27 Re: ABS Nationals
February 10, 2015, 01:23:04 am
Haven't seen those, but it does look like there are some impressive rocks in Iran...

I was gonna say that wasnt very impressive until i saw that white&blue speck and realized that was a climber...

Sasquatch

• forum hero
  • www.akclimber.com
    • AkClimber
#28 Re: ABS Nationals
February 10, 2015, 04:57:50 am
The black speck to the right of the blue and white is also a climber :)

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal