UKBouldering.com

WANTED: Kids Climbing Shoes (size 2-3 / 32-35) (Read 4272 times)

largeruk

• player
Single parent struggling to keep up with the spiralling cost of her 10 year old's seemingly endless growth spurt!  :o

Can anyone help please! Do you have any unwanted/unused shoes that might fit the bill?

Any help or offers of shoes (or even advice as to where/how I can source cheap but decent shoes for her) would be truly appreciated.  :thumbsup:

Cheers  :)

PS. Located in London and Leeds

STBoulderBoy

Hope this helps: i recently bought some nice cheep climbing shoes from go-outdoors £20

http://www.gooutdoors.co.uk/climbing/climbing-shoes/attr/Size/2

downside you need to pay £5 for a discount card ( i had two pairs to buy so was cost effective for me )

namnok

• forum abuser
  • John May Lives
i have a pair of kid shoes stored away somewhere at home i'll let u know what size they are.

SA Chris

• forum hero
    • http://groups.msn.com/ChrisClix
Is it time to start a UKB kid's climbing shoe hand down / exchange programme?

Do they generally outgrow before they wear them out?

IS2

• addict
Single parent struggling to keep up with the spiralling cost of her 10 year old's seemingly endless growth spurt!  :o

Can anyone help please! Do you have any unwanted/unused shoes that might fit the bill?

Any help or offers of shoes (or even advice as to where/how I can source cheap but decent shoes for her) would be truly appreciated.  :thumbsup:

Cheers  :)

PS. Located in London and Leeds

Too far for a visit but you could probably get them posted from Eden Rock (climbing wall ) in Carlisle. They recycle old climbing shoes cheap and the cash goes to Mountain Rescue teams. Web site is www.edenrockclimbing.com and they have a Facebook page.

largeruk

• player
i have a pair of kid shoes stored away somewhere at home i'll let u know what size they are.
That would be ace. Thanks a lot  :)

largeruk

• player

Do they generally outgrow before they wear them out?
Personally I think that's a great idea.  :agree:

Every parent goes through the 'buy shoes, kid(s) quickly outgrow shoes, shoes left usually with still a lot of wear in them or sometimes even barely used, buy another pair of shoes etc etc.' cycle.  Could be organised by shoe size so parents offering/looking can quickly and easily navigate.

Talking of which, anyone have a pair lying around..?  ;D

duncan

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero

Yes! Offspring has announce he wants to go bouldering (and who am I to disagree?).

UK size 9/10. Also interested in a harness suitable for a 1m tall / 16kg rising 4 year old.

namnok

• forum abuser
  • John May Lives
Hi just found them.
Size 33 montrail gryptonite
If u want them theyre yours
Pm your address and theyll be in the loving hands of royal mail as soon as i can

Xan

• regular
I've got a pair of the Boreal Ninja jnr, size 35 (or maybe 34, can't remember.) They need a new home!

cowboyhat

• forum hero
I've just bought some of those madrock monkey ones from ebay.

There are quite a few different kids shoes on there in a range of sizes.

Jaspersharpe

• forum hero
  • 1B punter
  • Allez Oleeeve!
I bought the nipper some of these for £20 from Decathlon:

http://www.simond.com/en/cat/Climbing_shoes/prd/Rock_Junior_slipper

Impressed with the quality of the rubber on them and the general quality, pretty decent.

largeruk

• player
Does anyone have a pair of size 35(ish!) shoes that their son or daughter no longer can fit into or use that have some decent life left in them?

If you have, please do get in touch and make my daughter a very happy bunny... :bounce:

Many thanks to anyone who can help  :thumbsup:

Ti_pin_man

• obsessive maniac
  • sometimes you see things & curse, damnit no gun
I have a pair of Boreal Junior Ninja's size EUR 32 just coming up free.  Red.  Used for a year but more outgrown than over used... about to get her some bigger ones so these are up for grabs.  Shes worn these with socks, I just cold washed them and some of the white elastic edge is a abit red from the dye runing in the cold wash but otherwise good.

10 quid posted seems fair, then I can put it towards the next size up.  PM me if you want or I'll eaby them.

bolehillbilly

• stalker
Has anyone got a pair of outgrown Boreal Jr. Ninja's Size UK 2.5-3.5?  Can't source any second hand at the moment so thought it was worth a shout here.

I've also got a pair UK 1-1.75 used but with very little wear if anyone's interested.

Font trip coming up and the blighters won't stop growing.

Cheers.

SA Chris

• forum hero
    • http://groups.msn.com/ChrisClix
The kids shoes from Decathlon are good quality and well priced?

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal