UKBouldering.com

Angel Bay Conditions (Read 3296 times)

Luke Owens

• forum hero
    • My Blog
Angel Bay Conditions
February 06, 2014, 09:42:22 am
I went to climb at the Bay a couple of weeks ago on a fairly optimistic (weather wise) day. When I got to the top of the Bay I was amazed that the whole place looked bone dry.

I went to walk down and a woman started shouting at me about seals. She pointed out the sign about them breeding there to which I apologised for my ignorance as I genuinely missed the sign.

The sign said not to go down until the end of January, but I guess the seals could possibly still be there now?

I'm thinking of going this weekend either Saturday or Sunday as the tides are finally good. The weather is supposed to be showery on both days but Is also very windy (Southerly on Saturday and Westerly on Sunday).

Anyone know what the Bay is like in winter, conditions wise? When I went the other week it definitely looked dry and on the same day I also went to the orme which was completely soaked as was the mountains.

Cheers

Doylo

• forum hero
#1 Re: Angel Bay Conditions
February 06, 2014, 10:34:00 am
Pretty temperamental . Defo want wind if its a overcast showery day

Pantontino

• forum hero
    • www.northwalesbouldering.com
#2 Re: Angel Bay Conditions
February 06, 2014, 11:30:11 am
A dropping temperature helps too.

And it's always worth having a decent sized towel for drying footholds.

Can you remember the exact wording on the sign? Sounds like it has changed since I was last there.

Pantontino

• forum hero
    • www.northwalesbouldering.com
#3 Re: Angel Bay Conditions
February 06, 2014, 11:35:37 am
Here's a pic of the sign I took in March 2012:

Luke Owens

• forum hero
    • My Blog
#4 Re: Angel Bay Conditions
February 06, 2014, 12:02:50 pm
A dropping temperature helps too.

And it's always worth having a decent sized towel for drying footholds.

Can you remember the exact wording on the sign? Sounds like it has changed since I was last there.

Thanks Si, the sign has definitely changed. I'll take a picture if I end up there at the weekend. It's now very lengthy and I can't really remember what it said.

The text is now pretty small and probably why I walked straight past it. The old one is certainly more obvious.

One part said something along the lines of not disturbing the seals between September (I think) - January because of their pups.

If the seals are still there now I'm guessing it's OK to go down as the breeding season is over?

Zods Beard

• forum abuser
#5 Re: Angel Bay Conditions
August 12, 2016, 07:50:36 pm
Back from the dead.

Anyone think it'll be OK tomorrow? I'm thinking conditions and seal ban. Low tide is approximately half one tomorrow.

Thanks

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal