UKBouldering.com

WTD: Car ~£1500 (Read 5729 times)

Jaspersharpe

• forum hero
  • 1B punter
  • Allez Oleeeve!
#25 Re: WTD: Car ~£1500
January 12, 2015, 01:10:30 pm
OO10 JAN would cost £2007 to buy and register according to the internet so lagers valuation is probably not far off.

I still don't understand why anyone pays money to label themselves a dick though.   :shrug:

tomtom

• forum hero
#26 Re: WTD: Car ~£1500
January 12, 2015, 01:24:42 pm
That said - the days of the TDi are numbered... New EU rules next year mean that nitrogen emissions will have to be halved on new TDi cars - and with the rise of hybrids, mixed electric/petrol cars, plug ins etc.. diesels will further reduce imho (as they're not as economical until fully warm unlike petrol). Removing the dpf is now (or soon to be) a MOT fail (surprisingly wasn't up til now) so that will see some failures in the cheapy TDi market in coming years due to that cost...

I'm a year or two away from replacing the present steed, but will have a hard look at hybrids then - constantly evolving/improving etc...

http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/volkswagen/golf/86198/volkswagen-golf-gte-2014-review

Indeedy - got my beady eye on that... maybe in a year or so...

unclesomebody

• forum hero
  • 1-5-NEIN!
  • more business, less party.
#27 Re: WTD: Car ~£1500
January 12, 2015, 01:31:42 pm
Good timing! I'm just about to list my 2003 VW Passat Estate Sport TDI 130 (+remap) for sale. It's got 167k on the clock and I bought it with 82k on. It's a rock solid performer and the only reason it's going is because we now have a van. FSH with all the old MOT's, service receipts, tax discs, etc. It just had a full service on 26/11/2014 and I haven't really driven it since (included a new tyre). MOT is up until July/August time (I can check).

Bad points: some rust bubbling on front wheel arch and yesterday I noticed that the central locking didn't open the rear drivers door. This wasn't the case when it had a service otherwise I would have had it fixed. It's probably the motor in the door (it happened to the front door once which I fixed).

I'm after £1400 for it. Was going to list it for £1600 and see what happened. If you're interested drop me a PM and I'll send you some pics.

Most importantly, you can fit lots of pads in it, it does 50mpg, and I'd be surprised if it didn't make it to 250k miles.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal