UKBouldering.com

Caley tree pruning: Saturday 10th Jan - TOMORROW (Read 3492 times)

Will Hunt

• forum hero
  • Superworm is super-long
    • Unknown Stones
https://www.facebook.com/#!/events/377298182433709/?fref=ts

A few people meeting around the Horn area at 10 to do some gently pruning (with landowners permission).

Set to be a far superior event to the Wilton clean up  :)

r-man

• forum hero
  • Glory lurks beneath the moss
    • LANCASHIRE BOULDERING GUIDEBOOK
What's that, there's a Wilton clean up as well?

https://www.facebook.com/events/805535716159763/?fref=ts

Free tea and coffee?

Free cake?

A hut to shelter in if we get showers?

Twice as many people coming?

I'm not sure this word "superior" means what you think it means...

;)

Seriously though, hope you get a good turn out and you can make an impression on those trees.  :icon_beerchug:

Will Hunt

• forum hero
    • Unknown Stones
Can we at least be more smug?

And good luck at Wilton. God knows the shithole needs it  ;)

rginns

• junky
  • Holds innit
    • Strongholds
Can we at least be more smug?
And good luck at Wilton. God knows the shithole fantastic crag needs it a bit of attention  ;)
I think we'll all acheive a lot!

Will Hunt

• forum hero
    • Unknown Stones
A good turnout today and lots lopped at the crag section. Some boulderers, mostly easy slabby ones, that won't have been climbed for years were unearthed from thick quilts of moss. Should dry out and give lots more easy sport. The creme egg boulder and stuff in that vicinity is now a lot more open.

Somebody did some work at the top of crystal method so thep should stay a bit nicer.

I did a lot of digging at Terry and took the earth of right to the back of the shelf on the right hand side. The slanting rib should hopefully stay cleaner now. I think the digging work that had already gone on has had an effect as the slab seemed to dry reasonably quickly in the wind.
If anybody is local please could you wait for a few storms to pass over and then, maybe after a dry day, take a yard brush and sweep the remaining loose soil off the top (impossible to make it perfect today). Once that's done it would be good to ab the face with a stiff brush and give everything (not just the holds) a once over. If this is done then there's no reason why this slab shouldn't dry quickly. The optimist in me thinks that the problem may be much much easier to get in nick now.

fatneck

• forum hero
  • Fishing Helm
Surely most importantly, how many people turned up Will? Who won the Great Crag Clean Up Battle?

andyd

• forum hero
    • https://vimeo.com/user14959179
 :oops: first I've heard about this.

tomtom

• forum hero
Surely most importantly, how many people turned up Will? Who won the Great Crag Clean Up Battle?

Going by the facebook posts from both - More people turned up (by some distance) at the Lancs Wilton clean up. But hey - everyones a winner here kids!

jwilby02

First I've heard of this, top effort. We were thinking of doing something similar but had no idea where to start .

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal