UKBouldering.com

Snap Mats (Read 1980 times)

Big Frank

• forum abuser
Snap Mats
July 27, 2004, 04:01:26 pm
Now I landed on one of these and thought it was great.

I've just looked at the new web site (only in french as of yet), to find the new improved range of mats, look good! (but expensive)

Check it out

http://www.snapclimbing.com/

Bubba

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
#1 Snap Mats
July 27, 2004, 05:05:33 pm
Nice pads, but like you say, expensive...

BoulderHog

• addict
#2 Snap Mats
July 27, 2004, 07:01:01 pm
They're really, really good pad. I've had mine 4 years now, and it is honestly as good as the day I bought it, the foam is very high quality. I did hear that they stopped using the expensive high density foam shortly after I bought mine, in favour of the cheap crap that wears out quickly. Maybe they've started using it again I dunno, will have to check when they appear in the shops. Only downside with mine is the plastic underside, great for floating on cow shit at Almscliff but a lethal sledge of doom under deliverance if it's wet. Don't think they have this anymore either.

si

• regular
#3 Snap Mats
July 29, 2004, 10:00:14 am
Had mine for 3 years and foam still excellant.

Snap now do two versions of the standard pad, one (Calzone) with the old high density foam and an economy version (Marshmallow) with a less dense foam (but still not that white semi closed cell you find in Metolius, Red Chilli etc etc). Price is not bad for the quality you get

tommytwotone

• forum hero
  • Southern jessie turned Almscliff devotee
#4 Snap Mats
July 29, 2004, 11:34:55 am
couple of mates have these and I they're great little mats.

I specifically rate the fact that they fold 'muddy side in', which saves covering self / car with shizzle on a muddy day.

That said, I bought a Drop Zone (saying nothing about, ahem, overcompensating...)

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal