UKBouldering.com

Lists and grades and guides and ting (Read 1985 times)

Ru

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
Lists and grades and guides and ting
July 30, 2004, 09:41:59 am
I thought I'd clear some things up, although most people know this stuff already.

German list.

I did the list. It's part of a much much larger list (600+ probs now over font 7a) and I know that there are bits missing. They were removed on purpose so that it wouldn't get ripped off wholesale after stacks of work. There are also some bits that got lost in translation (it is a german site afterall) like the traverses ending up in the wrong section and problems like Jasons Roof  (which had a caveat that it was 7b+ if you have a big span) with split grades which also got deleted.

Anyway, the whole thing has been changed a lot since that embryonic list was done, corrections etc. so dont get too panicky if there are errors in it. Having said that, all your grade arguments are being listened to, so do continue.

No you can't have the list for this site, be patient.

Guide

Yes there's a guide to peak grit bouldering on its way.

No it's not just 7's and 8's.

Font grades will be used. You have all summed up the arguments for and against in another thread and it's a close call, but the decision has been made and will not be changed. As far as I am aware there are no plans for another guide from another publisher that will use V grades. The grades will be as accurate as possible (much as I have often been an occasional proponent of radical one-upmanship downgrading, the place for that is in a forum where you can be controversial, not in a guide); consensus views will be used.

SCIENCE will, no doubt, play a part.

Bubba

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
Quote from: "Ru"
No you can't have the list for this site, be patient.

No worries, we weren't planning on putting anything up on here until your guide is out anyway.

Any idea of a release date yet?

dave

#2 Lists and grades and guides and ting
July 30, 2004, 09:53:34 am
word ru

Doylo

• forum hero
#3 Lists and grades and guides and ting
July 30, 2004, 11:50:24 am
fine effort Ru, RESPECT!

dave

#4 Lists and grades and guides and ting
July 30, 2004, 01:41:48 pm
oi doyle, check your PMs already, for fucks sake....

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal