the shizzle > bouldering

Yorkshire Open Projects

(1/12) > >>

Will Hunt:
I had a fair crack at this today with no joy. Did the first move and didn't have the beans for anything more. Would be great to see it get done as it's a good line in a nice spot. If burly arête hugging is your thing then set about it.

The rock is really good quality and the friction today was excellent. There used to be a problem that the hanging arête is suspended over an ankle deep bog. There is now a patio here and I used my mat on this with no problems. First move is either a heel on the right and a pull on slopers, or similar using a bomber heel toe in the vertical crack on the left which is great fun. Estimated grade: 7C+-8A?

Rochard Crags can be found off the track that runs across Pock Stones Moor. Approach is quite easy as you drive quite far up the track, so not much elevation gain from there. Drive to Skyreholme as you would for trollers. At the T, instead of turning left to parcevall hall, head right and follow the road until it becomes a track. Keep going until there is a broad parking place on the left with a wooden footpath signpost. You'll know you've gone too far if you get to the fork. More detailed info available by pm. I have a pdf topo for the place which I don't think Paul Clarke has made public yet.

Will Hunt:
PS, route names at the crag are Beverly Hillbillies themed. Had thought about keeping in with the oil theme and using There Will Be Blood. Obviously that is now out of my hands!

andy popp:
Looks good Will (I bet the rock is great). You should stick at it and get it done!

Footwork:
'there will be mud' looks more apt  ;)

Fiend:
It looks literally like an arse  :2thumbsup:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version