UKBouldering.com

San francisco (Read 7057 times)

a dense loner

• forum hero
#25 Re: San fransisco
January 18, 2016, 09:17:46 pm
He didn't write that anywhere Ashton, you inferred it from his use of the word "and" :-*

ashtond6

• obsessive maniac
#26 Re: San francisco
January 19, 2016, 01:12:33 pm
 :tumble:

Lund

• obsessive maniac
#27 Re: San francisco
January 19, 2016, 04:13:26 pm
Stupid question to a topic that's already been answered, but he's going in November?  It could snow for a week in November and half the roads be closed?

Or doesn't that apply?  I know fuck all about yosemite apart from what I've seen in films.  If you've got three fingers on one hand ignore me, don't push me off that cliff, I ain't done nothing...

masonwoods101

• forum abuser
#28 Re: San francisco
January 20, 2016, 08:51:36 am
1. In that video the section on castle rock makes it look brilliant
2. The owner of planet granite says he could lend me a pad
Boom problems solved. Thanks for the replies

erm, sam

• forum hero
#29 Re: San francisco
January 20, 2016, 09:30:23 am
Castle Rock is good, but it is not "brilliant". I was there after a couple of days in Yosemite so my perceptions could have been warped somewhat. I sound like a twat, I did have a good day there. I'll shut up.
You should hit up Tesla, who was of this parish to see if he might tour you around. He lives half an hours drive from Castle Rock..

duncan

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
#30 Re: San francisco
January 20, 2016, 10:03:46 am
Stupid question to a topic that's already been answered, but he's going in November?  It could snow for a week in November and half the roads be closed?

November should be mint for bouldering. People climb all through winter in Yosemite, it's magically quiet and warm enough in the sun at lower elevations, the majority of good valley climbing faces south. The secret is out now that the Dawn Wall guys went in January for best conditions.

December-February are often snowy and occasionally the road gets blocked but storms are usually well-forecast. The first big storm rolls in sometime late October to mid November, it'll be very wet but snow should be short-lived. The trick is to be on the valley floor not high on Zodiac with inadequate rain gear...

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal