UKBouldering.com

Kentmere conditions (Read 3625 times)

James Malloch

• forum hero
Kentmere conditions
December 18, 2014, 07:56:30 am
I'm back off home to the lakes next week and was wondering if anyone knows what kentmere can be like in the winter - specifically the little font boulders.

Obviously depends on the weather at the time too but any general thoughts would be appreciated.

GCW

• forum hero
  • No longer a
#1 Re: Kentmere conditions
December 18, 2014, 08:09:55 am
It can be pretty OK, but it's been wet weather for a while.  Not been recently, so can't give you a definitive answer.

tomtom

• forum hero
#2 Re: Kentmere conditions
December 18, 2014, 08:47:03 am
Depends which bits... Some parts of little font can seep a wee bit - and in the trees take a little longer to dry. I (often) have the same Xmas deal (not this year) and if it's log just go and have some bean chilli at Wilfs - and check out the Langdale blob... Kentmere can hold some clag right at the end of the valley etc... If you're S Lakes then Trowbarrow/Silverdale is only 20-30 min away and the big block at Trowbarow is amazingly fast drying...

James Malloch

• forum hero
#3 Re: Kentmere conditions
December 27, 2014, 05:37:16 pm
Cheers for the beta guys - I'm
Back home now in the south lakes but decided to give it a miss and get a half marathon done tomorrow instead. It's nice to have some good trails within easy reach!

Might try trowbarrow/silverdale on the way back to Leeds for a change.

Ta!

georgenorth

• regular
#4 Re: Kentmere conditions
December 27, 2014, 11:49:37 pm
I went to Trowbarrow today. The Shelter Stone is gopping (as it generally is during wet spells in winter), but Red Wall is as dry as ever, although it was a bit glassy. We could really do with a bit of wind to dry things out at the moment. FWIW Little Font will almost certainly be horrible at the moment, although no doubt you could string a few moves together under the Giant Stone if you were desperate!

Coops_13

• forum hero
    • YouTube
#5 Re: Kentmere conditions
February 07, 2015, 05:04:03 pm
Anyone know if forest rock is dry?

thekettle

• menacing presence
    • johnkettle.com
#6 Re: Kentmere conditions
February 10, 2016, 05:52:12 pm
Kentmere in great condition today, no seepage to speak of on the Giant Stone and looking unlikely to get damp for a week or so (according to forecast). Ground is soaking though!

jshaw

• addict
#7 Re: Kentmere conditions
January 12, 2018, 04:08:27 pm
Thought I'd resurrect this as I'm thinking of heading here over the weekend but haven't been before.

Does anyone have any recent update on the conditions?

Also, could anyone suggest a weather forecast that's good for predicting the conditions here, I was using the BBC weather forecast for Kendal but realise this is quite a way from Kentmere.

Thanks.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal