UKBouldering.com

Jefe De Obra, Margalef - route or project? (Read 3009 times)

nik at work

• forum hero
Jefe De Obra, Margalef - route or project?
October 21, 2014, 09:27:37 pm
Just idle curiosity but in the POD Tarragona guide the line Jefe De Obra at La Finestra is noted as a project with a suggested grade of 8c+
However on UKC it is included as a route of grade 8c+ with no description added, no mention of it being a project. So is this a case of incomplete information farming or has the line now been climbed? Anybody got any idea, a quick half arsed google search didn't turn up much, but I should probably put a bit more effort in...

Palomides

• forum abuser
I guess you found this : http://proyectosynuevasvias.blogspot.com/

Looks like Dani Andradas project list (the post date is 2010, but some of the info on 1st ascents is more recent so I guess it gets edited to be up to date sometimes), and Jefe de Obra is still a project.

nik at work

• forum hero
Yeah I found that and surmised much the same as you. I wonder if this is a wider problem. The route was listed on UKC and also on another couple of listings type sites as a route which is IMHO out if order if it is still a (non-open) ) project. Obviously as this is 8c+/9a the pool of potential suitors is limited. But what about other projects at more accessible grades?

SA Chris

• forum hero
    • http://groups.msn.com/ChrisClix
incomplete information farming

Never!!!

jwi

• forum hero
    • On Steep Ground
A spanish sport route that nobody ticked on 8a.nu = doesn't exist. I'll say it is not climbed.

Ali

• regular
In the Sept 2014 version of the local Margalef guide it is recorded in the "projects" list.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal