UKBouldering.com

Tabata campus boarding (Read 10481 times)

Paul B

• forum hero
#25 Re: Tabata campus boarding
February 17, 2017, 11:03:19 am
Because my climbing time was only 20 seconds for 21 moves, my question to the ancap nerds is what's more important for training ancap - the time spent climbing, or the number of hard(ish) moves completed?

I'd think this:

I was failing on the last four reps, properly powered out but not pumped.

would suggest you're getting it about right?

When you say large rungs are you meaning jug rungs or large rungs? I can't imagine being able to move that fast and control things on the rungs I was using for this exercise.

I tweaked an elbow quite badly doing this kind of routine on a uncontrolled descent nearing the last rep.

Nibile

• forum hero
  • Part Animal Part Machine
    • TOTOLORE
#26 Re: Tabata campus boarding
February 17, 2017, 11:53:48 am
 :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Guys you really crack me up!!!
It's good to be on UKB!!!

petejh

• forum hero
#27 Re: Tabata campus boarding
February 17, 2017, 12:42:33 pm
When you say large rungs are you meaning jug rungs or large rungs? I can't imagine being able to move that fast and control things on the rungs I was using for this exercise.

I tweaked an elbow quite badly doing this kind of routine on a uncontrolled descent nearing the last rep.

The large metolius rungs - the same size ones as McColl is using in that film clip.

Yeah down-campussing is a bit sketch. Lattice boys needs to invent a rotating campus board.

Nibile

• forum hero
    • TOTOLORE
#28 Re: Tabata campus boarding
February 24, 2017, 09:00:22 am
Tried the campusing yesterday, got to 6. It should be 50 moves, not bad.
I think I can quickly improve just by starting from rung 2: rung 1 is too close to the mats and I had to basically lock off at 90 degrees to come down, match and go up again.
My back feels good and worked this morning.

Nibile

• forum hero
    • TOTOLORE
#29 Re: Tabata campus boarding
February 24, 2017, 10:04:54 am
On a side note, it took my non-mathematic mind ages to figure out the number of moves without counting them on my fingers. I finally got that each rung adds a number of moves that's double its number on the campusboard, so rung 2 adds four moves and so on. I am so fucking proud.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal