UKBouldering.com

Removal of Burbage plantation (Read 9450 times)

psychomansam

• forum hero
#25 Re: Removal of Burbage plantation
November 05, 2014, 05:20:56 pm
I used to quite like the effect of the plantation. It was amazing to drop in during high winds and be in total stillness. It added to the wonderful contrasts of running around the burbage valley. I'm mainly staying away for a while as it currently looks crap and just doesn't seem right with the invasion of monster machines.
But, from next year, it should start to be an interesting process watching the valley develop again. Quite looking forward to that. Am I getting old?

rich d

• forum hero
#26 Re: Removal of Burbage plantation
November 05, 2014, 06:59:17 pm
Used to love the get out of the wind, have a brew element to the plantation. Over the last few years though it seems to have turned into a place where people shit and don't bury it, and for people to have fires that they again don't clean up after. I'm still hopeful that there may be some new boulders in there waiting to be uncovered, with some 5s and 6s on them - as this will be my only chance to do a new problem at burbage. I even have the name in waiting.
Will be quite good to see a more native woodland develop over the next few decades, if I don't die too soon.

ardeer

• player
#27 Re: Removal of Burbage plantation
November 05, 2014, 10:15:45 pm
 :jaw:

Fiend

• _
  • forum hero
  • Abominable sex magick practitioner and climbing heathen
  • Whut
#28 Re: Removal of Burbage plantation
November 06, 2014, 10:42:53 am