UKBouldering.com

Monster Minds: 7A+ Thorn (Read 2194 times)

tomtom

• forum hero
Monster Minds: 7A+ Thorn
October 12, 2014, 06:31:26 pm
Hello,
Had some fun on this today - and thought I'd done it (well I have in a fashion) until I saw Gregs video beta... so I found what I suspect was an easier way (felt like 7A - maybe soft 7A)...

Feet starting right down low at the very bottom - RH on the RH side of the block, but LH at about chest height out to the left on one of the better runnels. R Heel around the corner, clamp in and slap the RH up to the big flake/ear on the corner, cut loose, sort out feet and monkey up the arete.. felt great, but I looked at the lower LH sidepull it looks like Greg uses in the vid, but couldnt really see how that worked..

I dunno - always the problem with problems! My way above is as per the guide/topo description - and its a great line/problem!

I'll stick a video up in Power Club later when vimeo's finished shabadizzling its shizzle..

TT

r-man

• forum hero
  • Glory lurks beneath the moss
    • LANCASHIRE BOULDERING GUIDEBOOK
#1 Re: Monster Minds: 7A+ Thorn
October 12, 2014, 06:46:51 pm
Think I did something similar, though I think there were more slaps. Might depend what you can reach from sitting? Did mothership and afmn trick on the same day, they both seemed easier to me.

tomtom

• forum hero
#2 Re: Monster Minds: 7A+ Thorn
October 12, 2014, 06:51:13 pm
Here it is.. I could have started even lower with my RH - but seemed a bit daft! Its a bit murky where my feet are but they both start on the hold just above the ground.. its quite powerful this way, but much easier than mothership IMHO - Mind you - I think for my next trick is harder than both! Watch until the end... :)

andyd

• forum hero
    • https://vimeo.com/user14959179
#3 Re: Monster Minds: 7A+ Thorn
October 12, 2014, 09:05:49 pm
Is that one you've got your eye on for Christmas dinner?

tomtom

• forum hero
#4 Re: Monster Minds: 7A+ Thorn
October 12, 2014, 09:07:17 pm
:) it all got a bit benny hill with the large one chasing the others...

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal