UKBouldering.com

Hi everyone ^^ (Read 2618 times)

Mikkyo

Hi everyone ^^
October 02, 2014, 11:38:07 am
Hi all,

I'm new to the site/forum.
I've 'dabbled' with rock climbing & bouldering for maybe 4/5 years on and off.

I've a friend who is into rock climbing and has been for about 17 years, a few years ago we went camping in the Gower and went climbing and since then I've tried to get out and climb with him whenever he goes. we went back to the Gower again this year (August) and climbed and bouldered about - I managed to do Scavenger, King Cliff, Inverted V, South East Diedre and a few other climbs and had a great time doing it.

I'm down on the South coast (near Chichester) and have been to Harrisons rock a few times also.

I'm really looking into starting to climb a lot more and might go to Chi rock climbing wall in the future :)

So just thought that I'd join and say hi ^^

Mikkyo

« Last Edit: October 02, 2014, 11:46:15 am by Mikkyo »

JamieG

• forum hero
#1 Re: Hi everyone ^^
October 02, 2014, 01:00:02 pm
Hi,

Hope you find it to your liking here. :-) Pretty friendly place . . . . . (mostly).

Jamie

rginns

• junky
  • Holds innit
    • Strongholds
#2 Re: Hi everyone ^^
October 02, 2014, 01:15:02 pm
 :icon_welcome:

You've come to the good side... hope you stay!

Mikkyo

#3 Re: Hi everyone ^^
October 02, 2014, 01:40:55 pm

I am looking at getting a fingerboard, I'm in a rented property though so am thinking of the Crusher Holds Board as they are removable and don't need screwing in. Then putting a Moon fatboard on it.

Anyone used one ?

r-man

• forum hero
  • Glory lurks beneath the moss
    • LANCASHIRE BOULDERING GUIDEBOOK
#4 Re: Hi everyone ^^
October 02, 2014, 02:02:28 pm
You mean you were going to buy the crusher holds mounting device then put a moon phat boy on top?

have you had a go on any fingerboards? Worth trying them out if you can to see what you ike the feel of. They all work, just depends on what you are looking for and how you want to train. Some people prefer wood, some resin. Some people want slopers. Some people want crimps. Some people just want one big hold and one small hold.

Mikkyo

#5 Re: Hi everyone ^^
October 02, 2014, 02:45:48 pm
You mean you were going to buy the crusher holds mounting device then put a moon phat boy on top?

have you had a go on any fingerboards? Worth trying them out if you can to see what you ike the feel of. They all work, just depends on what you are looking for and how you want to train. Some people prefer wood, some resin. Some people want slopers. Some people want crimps. Some people just want one big hold and one small hold.

Yes, sorry I wasn't looking at what I was typing. I want to purchase the mounting device then put a fingerboard onto that.

I like the look of some of the Crusher boards - I'm just after something suitable for a beginner at first.

Nibile

• forum hero
  • Part Animal Part Machine
    • TOTOLORE
#6 Re: Hi everyone ^^
October 02, 2014, 08:02:17 pm
http://www.beastmaker.co.uk/products/beastmaker-1000-series
I am the Lord thy God.
Thou shalt have no other gods before me.

Oh, and welcome!
 ;)

Muesli

• addict
#7 Re: Hi everyone ^^
October 03, 2014, 09:45:18 am
Hello Mikkyo,

Definitely try out as many different boards as you can and see what you like the feel of.
Also the door mount thing is a good idea as you can mount it where you are more likely to use it. Sticking in up in a shed at the end of the garden might give more space but it will get less use.

FWIIW, After trying finger boards from a bunch of manufacturers the Beastmaster 1000 remains my favourite. It feels good on the fingers and offers a good progression. You wouldn't need the 2000 version unless you are already very strong.

rginns

• junky
  • Holds innit
    • Strongholds
#8 Re: Hi everyone ^^
October 06, 2014, 01:31:34 pm

I am looking at getting a fingerboard, I'm in a rented property though so am thinking of the Crusher Holds Board as they are removable and don't need screwing in. Then putting a Moon fatboard on it.

Anyone used one ?

I heard these are good and fit neatly onto the Holds board.....

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal