UKBouldering.com

looking for people to climb with in Yorkshire. (Read 2243 times)

B0405413

• addict
looking for people to climb with in Yorkshire.
November 25, 2014, 12:07:36 pm
How do, I'm looking for people to climb with in the Yorkshire area. Currently boulder up to about 7b and trad climb somewhere in the mid-e grades, always up for trying harder stuff though. My number is 07846854936 and my email is ml14r9m@leeds.ac.uk. Hit me up if you're interested!

Will Hunt

• forum hero
  • Superworm is super-long
    • Unknown Stones
EDIT: Tried to post link to facebook group. Failed. Just search facebook for the closed chat group affiliated to the LUUMC.

A lot of ex members still use this too. Those using the group are a heady mix of complete punters, incompetents, wads, averagers, and tryers.
Post up that you want to get out on a particular day. If you state your rough objective then you should find the right person to team up with. Watch out for the odd person whose ambition so vastly outreaches their ability that it makes them a YAA liability.

nathanie1

• regular
+1 for joining the LUUMC facebook page. There's plenty of keen people with cars and what not, who get out as often as the weather allows.

tomtom

• forum hero
Also LMC (Leeds mountaineering club) who I was loosely affiliated with 5-6 years ago. Was a decent bunch of people there - good socials - mixture of punters and wads... There's a website for them somewhere and they meet every week at at pub in Leeds I've forgotten about. If you like I can contact some people there...

B0405413

• addict
Cheers all, I already have LUUMC on Facebook I just hadn't thought to post anything on there, I'll definitely do that next time. I'll also look into the Leeds mountaineering club, cheers TomTom.

DaveyDave

• addict
Try joining the York Uni Mountaineering Group aswell on facebook, myself and a few others are usually good for sneaking out when the rain stops

B0405413

• addict
Sound as a pound, I'll do that as well, cheers

tomtom

• forum hero
Cheers all, I already have LUUMC on Facebook I just hadn't thought to post anything on there, I'll definitely do that next time. I'll also look into the Leeds mountaineering club, cheers TomTom.

http://leedsmc.org/ Meet for new members on 2nd Dec - at the Palace, Leeds.

Like all clubs it probably goes through cycles of good/bad/active/inactive etc.. but always had a decent vibe when I went on a few of their trips.. large enough so theres normally someone wanting to do similar things to what you want to do etc...

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal