UKBouldering.com

forum standards on UKB (Read 17538 times)

Bonjoy

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
  • Leafy gent
#25 Re: forum standards on UKB
September 07, 2014, 10:13:02 pm
I think the sensible thing here would be to discuss what is/isn't appropriate levels of behaviour... Of course it's difficult to do this without the examples (which then turns a bit tit for tat) but if possible please?

Why not, who thinks that the following is acceptable?

Tough words from the man who clearly has only a grasp on his own cock, whilst reading back his own posts to himself, wallowing ecstatically in his perceived sense of loathsome smug tory superiority until a thimble full of fetid tory gunk drips into a fistfull of tissues. And as you catch a glimpse of your own drained vacant face reflected in the laptop screen a wave of inadequacy washes you back into your otherwise empty moribund existence as an unwelcome self-parodying web antagonist.

In summary; fuck off.
Whose insult was that Sloper? Pretty good line in vitriole (if a little harsh).

Edit: Just skimmed the other thread. Sloper you suggested Dave give you a half decent insult, he delivered if you ask me.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2014, 10:23:54 pm by Bonjoy »

GCW

• forum hero
  • No longer a
#26 Re: forum standards on UKB
September 07, 2014, 10:30:27 pm
Or moronic or babyish, which is why I forsook UKC for this forum and have never been back.

Oh my god, how ironic.

I'm off to punter Michael "Mick" Ryan for being Sloper.

SA Chris

• forum hero
    • http://groups.msn.com/ChrisClix
#27 Re: forum standards on UKB
September 07, 2014, 10:56:35 pm
I'd quite like to see a heated debate between JCM and Sloper about some inconsequential guff to see who'd lose their rag first and start calling the other a nobhead.

UKC circa years 2001 - 2003, plenty of it IIRC.

petejh

• forum hero
#28 Re: forum standards on UKB
September 07, 2014, 11:05:17 pm
Why not, who thinks that the following is acceptable?

Tough words from the man who clearly has only a grasp on his own cock, whilst reading back his own posts to himself, wallowing ecstatically in his perceived sense of loathsome smug tory superiority until a thimble full of fetid tory gunk drips into a fistfull of tissues. And as you catch a glimpse of your own drained vacant face reflected in the laptop screen a wave of inadequacy washes you back into your otherwise empty moribund existence as an unwelcome self-parodying web antagonist.

In summary; fuck off.

I think wanking-off to your own clever posts is unacceptable. Or did I misunderstand...

But seriously how do you expect people to react? Your unquenchable thirst for condescending ripostes has a cumulative effect on people and Dave's response could have been triggered by any one of the last three thousand you've posted. A lot of what you say is informative, challenging and interesting but you also seem strangely devoted to acting the evilgenius-villain-troll from some nightmarish and shit cyber-pantomine. Nobody likes trolls, and nobody likes a well-educated person acting like an arse, so occasionally you reap what you sow. There are plenty of other well educated and well-informed people on this forum who don't act like arses which proves that high intellect isn't an excuse for coming across like a condescending twat.

GCW

• forum hero
  • No longer a
#29 Re: forum standards on UKB
September 07, 2014, 11:09:51 pm
I'd just like to point out that the general level of grammar within this thread falls below what I would deem acceptable.

moose

• forum hero
  • Lankenstein's Monster
  • el flaco lento
#30 Re: forum standards on UKB
September 07, 2014, 11:35:02 pm
A lot of what you say is informative, challenging and interesting but you also seem strangely devoted to acting the evilgenius-villain-troll from some nightmarish and shit cyber-pantomine.

You are Charlie Brooker and I claim my prize.

chris j

• forum abuser
#31 Re: forum standards on UKB
September 08, 2014, 08:21:47 am
To be honest, I thought the original post the OP puntered Sloper for was fairly measured and restrained (by Sloper's standards) & if that's the standard to trigger a puntering then the OP is going to have a busy time... (Sloper says something contentious to the political left, someone else responds in an impolite way, torrent of vitriol follows, plus ca change...) I've no comment on the punterfest that happened after, though it's a bit UKC not to suck it up and go and lay it all out in public instead. I'd always thought the UKB culture was a bit more robust than that (but maybe in the relatively new overlord-run sponsor friendly regime things are changing?  :jab: )

chris j

• forum abuser
#32 Re: forum standards on UKB
September 08, 2014, 09:33:56 am
I live in Devon, by the local standards you have about 50 years to go... After 12 years down here it sometimes seems like we barely moved in yesterday.

mindfull

• menacing presence
    • Blog
#33 Re: forum standards on UKB
September 08, 2014, 11:56:36 am
 :boxing:  :popcorn:

tommytwotone

• forum hero
  • Southern jessie turned Almscliff devotee
#34 Re: forum standards on UKB
September 08, 2014, 12:30:36 pm
Interesting stuff re: potential admonishment for this kind of thing...hellbanning Sloper anyone?

http://blog.codinghorror.com/suspension-ban-or-hellban/

Alternatively, given that the site clearly has stats to cover your total, average posts etc, is there a way of limiting your posting to a total per day - or even percentage of your average?

That way, people who are nice could post, say, 1000% of their average. People who are prolific and clog up the forum could get limited to 50% until you get to the point of only being able to post, say, 1 thing a day or something.

andyd

• forum hero
    • https://vimeo.com/user14959179
#35 Re: forum standards on UKB
September 08, 2014, 01:01:17 pm
Interesting stuff re: potential admonishment for this kind of thing...hellbanning Sloper anyone?

Alternatively, given that the site clearly has stats to cover your total, average posts etc, is there a way of limiting your posting to a total per day - or even percentage of your average?

That way, people who are nice could post, say, 1000% of their average. People who are prolific and clog up the forum could get limited to 50% until you get to the point of only being able to post, say, 1 thing a day or something.

3t. This is the internet. You can't police it to that extent; that's not what it's about. You have to take the crunchy with the smooth. That said, you don't have to read what the person acting like the school yard bully says, or indeed respond to him. Just block that person. This isn't the first thread that is essentially complaining that Sloper is being mean. He doesn't take the hint. Just like in life we need to pick the people we talk to and associate ourselves with. On that note, are you playing out this week?

tomtom

• forum hero
#36 Re: forum standards on UKB
September 08, 2014, 01:09:13 pm

3t. This is the internet. You can't police it to that extent; that's not what it's about. You have to take the crunchy with the smooth. That said, you don't have to read what the person acting like the school yard bully says, or indeed respond to him. Just block that person. This isn't the first thread that is essentially complaining that Sloper is being mean. He doesn't take the hint. Just like in life we need to pick the people we talk to and associate ourselves with. On that note, are you playing out this week?

I might be about tuesday afternoon Yarkshaire wards...

Will Hunt

• forum hero
  • Superworm is super-long
    • Unknown Stones
#37 Re: forum standards on UKB
September 08, 2014, 01:25:21 pm
Think I'm probably free on Sunday. Any Yarkshires fancy getting out and about?

mindfull

• menacing presence
    • Blog
#38 Re: forum standards on UKB
September 08, 2014, 01:32:34 pm
There's only law of the strongest on the internetz ...

And then I still fart in the face of the strongest ... wankers!  :tease:

Wood FT

• forum hero
#39 Re: forum standards on UKB
September 08, 2014, 01:37:39 pm
strongest ... wankers!

coming soon to BBC3

andyd

• forum hero
    • https://vimeo.com/user14959179
#40 Re: forum standards on UKB
September 08, 2014, 02:24:45 pm
strongest ... wankers!

coming soon to BBC3

Is that another Richard Osman concept or more in a literal sense like Splash! And Tumble? If so, will there be celebs? :popcorn:

mindfull

• menacing presence
    • Blog
#41 Re: forum standards on UKB
September 08, 2014, 02:36:29 pm
All the celebs of UKB should be there, all lined up to receive the holy fart!

danm

• junky
#42 Re: forum standards on UKB
September 08, 2014, 04:02:11 pm
There isn't enough wood on the planet for this thread.

Moo

• forum hero
  • Is an idiot
#43 Re: forum standards on UKB
September 08, 2014, 04:05:47 pm
The irony for this whole event is defined by the thread title.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal