UKBouldering.com

forum standards on UKB (Read 17379 times)

mrjonathanr

• forum hero
  • Getting fatter, not fitter.
forum standards on UKB
September 07, 2014, 08:22:31 pm
I'm curious as to what people think are appropriate standards of behaviour on the forum.

I know what I think, which is that UKB is great for robust but intelligent debate, often with juvenile glee - but it's not childish and petty.  Or moronic or babyish, which is why I forsook UKC for this forum and have never been back.

I puntered someone today, (think that's the 2nd time in 4 years here) for 'Abusive. Unnecessary'

This was the post:
Sloper you're so full of shit mate I don't even know where to start!

That's right you don't know where to start: you don't have any grasp of the issues, you don't have any knowledge of the subject or any rhetorical skills, in fact about the only thing you've got a grasp of is the depth of your own ignorance.

But still, if you ask a grown up you might be able to come up with a half decent insult.

Frankly you're pathetic.

I thought it was abusive, undignified and insofar as just a tirade without substantive argument, fell below what I'd hope to see on what is usually an inclusive forum.

Sloper didn't like my puntering so with rapier-like forensic wit he struck back (Twice):

Fuck off
and
Have another for good measure

So this is my question: is Sloper Mick Ryan in disguise??

webbo

• forum hero
#1 Re: forum standards on UKB
September 07, 2014, 08:26:23 pm
No he's not that much of a wanker, fairly close but not quite there yet. Give him time.

Doylo

• forum hero
#2 Re: forum standards on UKB
September 07, 2014, 08:33:49 pm
I don't think Mick Ryan is a bellend.

Sloper

• forum hero
  • fat and weak but with good footwork.
#3 Re: forum standards on UKB
September 07, 2014, 08:43:32 pm
I'm curious as to what people think are appropriate standards of behaviour on the forum.

I know what I think, which is that UKB is great for robust but intelligent debate, often with juvenile glee - but it's not childish and petty.  Or moronic or babyish, which is why I forsook UKC for this forum and have never been back.

I puntered someone today, (think that's the 2nd time in 4 years here) for 'Abusive. Unnecessary'

This was the post:
Sloper you're so full of shit mate I don't even know where to start!

That's right you don't know where to start: you don't have any grasp of the issues, you don't have any knowledge of the subject or any rhetorical skills, in fact about the only thing you've got a grasp of is the depth of your own ignorance.

But still, if you ask a grown up you might be able to come up with a half decent insult.

Frankly you're pathetic.

I thought it was abusive, undignified and insofar as just a tirade without substantive argument, fell below what I'd hope to see on what is usually an inclusive forum.

Sloper didn't like my puntering so with rapier-like forensic wit he struck back (Twice):

Fuck off
and
Have another for good measure

So this is my question: is Sloper Mick Ryan in disguise??

You puntered me for responding to some fairly crude abuse, as if you're the arbiter of moral standards and now feel so injured that you feel the need to be vindicated by a ruih of support from your fellow fuckwits with thin skins who can dish it out but can't take the slightest in 'prick' in return.

If you think you're above being juvenile and petty, you're not, your actions demonstrate this.

In short your moral high ground is as akin to a whore not overcharging a drunk punter.

Log Pile.

a dense loner

• forum hero
#4 Re: forum standards on UKB
September 07, 2014, 08:46:10 pm
Just a thought on the above mr, Dave did say sloper was full of shit, that's what he retorted at.

a dense loner

• forum hero
#5 Re: forum standards on UKB
September 07, 2014, 08:47:45 pm
Fuck you posted that while I was writing sloper!

lagerstarfish

• forum hero
  • Weapon Of Mass
  • "There's no cure for being a c#nt"
#6 Re: forum standards on UKB
September 07, 2014, 08:48:45 pm
Just a thought on the above mr, Dave did say sloper was full of shit, that's what he retorted at.

yeah, but he is though

a dense loner

• forum hero
#7 Re: forum standards on UKB
September 07, 2014, 08:50:06 pm
That's not the point

lagerstarfish

• forum hero
  • Weapon Of Mass
#8 Re: forum standards on UKB
September 07, 2014, 08:54:18 pm
not only is Slopesy intellectually superior to all other UKB contributors, he is also impregnably thick skinned. He would not have taken the slightest offense at Dave's post, so he had no need to retort - he was just doing it to be abusive

mrjonathanr

• forum hero
#9 Re: forum standards on UKB
September 07, 2014, 08:55:35 pm

You puntered me for responding to some fairly crude abuse, as if you're the arbiter of moral standards and now feel so injured that you feel the need to be vindicated by a ruih of support from your fellow fuckwits with thin skins who can dish it out but can't take the slightest in 'prick' in return.

It wasn't the retort I puntered you for, it was bad form in being so downright unpleasant.

The point is, for all your faux superiority, you become upset and abusive when you're challenged.

This forum is a consistently collegial place.... most posters behave with respect towards others here... you are one of very few whose standards fall below that.

Why act like that in public?  It comes across badly.  :shrug:

« Last Edit: September 07, 2014, 09:03:50 pm by mrjonathanr »

mrjonathanr

• forum hero
#10 Re: forum standards on UKB
September 07, 2014, 08:59:28 pm
I see you have puntered me for being a 'coward'. That's three consecutive punterings now, I guess you're quite upset.

Very odd. 

Sloper

• forum hero
#11 Re: forum standards on UKB
September 07, 2014, 09:10:05 pm
Not at all, upset, just descending to your level.

As for being challenged, Dave didn't challenge me, just responded with childish abuse, you puntered me for abuse but seem to have overlooked Dave's post, I think that speaks volumes.

As for the 'public' aspect, hmm who started this thread?

Can I suggest that you recalibrate your moral compass if you think my retort was anywhere close to as unpleasant as Dave's response to me?

Will Hunt

• forum hero
  • Superworm is super-long
    • Unknown Stones
#12 Re: forum standards on UKB
September 07, 2014, 09:10:30 pm
It was completely over the top and unnecessary, but I enjoyed it for what it was - scathing and, in my opinion, amusing chaffing. All's fair in love and war. I understand others may not take it the same way and will punter.
Where Slopestyle went wrong was to punter someone for puntering him which is beyond the pale. If you get puntered (one per person per disagreeable post), you take it on the chin and get on with your life.

petejh

• forum hero
#13 Re: forum standards on UKB
September 07, 2014, 09:10:59 pm
He's a strange fish but he makes UKB a more interesting, if not always (edit)pleasant comfortable place to surf. Like a piranha. I'd quite like to see a heated debate between JCM and Sloper about some inconsequential guff to see who'd lose their rag first and start calling the other a nobhead.

mrjonathanr

• forum hero
#14 Re: forum standards on UKB
September 07, 2014, 09:17:17 pm
Not at all, upset, just descending to your level.

My eye  ;)

Three punterings because you've been called out for being unpleasant? I puntered you once, which was all that was necessary to say: raise your game.

Why lash out every time it doesn't go your way? That's not rough and tough, that's weak.

Will Hunt

• forum hero
  • Superworm is super-long
    • Unknown Stones
#15 Re: forum standards on UKB
September 07, 2014, 09:19:35 pm
I'll hold your coats, lads.  :boxing:

lagerstarfish

• forum hero
  • Weapon Of Mass
#16 Re: forum standards on UKB
September 07, 2014, 09:22:27 pm
tit for tat puntering should result in a fine at least

tomtom

• forum hero
#17 Re: forum standards on UKB
September 07, 2014, 09:23:37 pm
I think the sensible thing here would be to discuss what is/isn't appropriate levels of behaviour... Of course it's difficult to do this without the examples (which then turns a bit tit for tat) but if possible please?

Sloper

• forum hero
#18 Re: forum standards on UKB
September 07, 2014, 09:25:44 pm
John and I get on very well indeed but it takes a fair amount of booze for either of us to lose our rag with each each other: however as an Old Etonian, John always comes up with a much more interesting line of abuse than is the norm on here.

As for puntering someone who punters you, well having been on the receiving end of this, I now I consider it quite right to respond in kind.

MJR, really, it's not lashing out, not even a studied jab, just calling out your hypocrisy and cowardice. Let's be honest you put prejudice beyond consideration, but as a lefty maybe I should have been magnanimous and expected that?

Sloper

• forum hero
#19 Re: forum standards on UKB
September 07, 2014, 09:27:36 pm
I think the sensible thing here would be to discuss what is/isn't appropriate levels of behaviour... Of course it's difficult to do this without the examples (which then turns a bit tit for tat) but if possible please?

Why not, who thinks that the following is acceptable?

Tough words from the man who clearly has only a grasp on his own cock, whilst reading back his own posts to himself, wallowing ecstatically in his perceived sense of loathsome smug tory superiority until a thimble full of fetid tory gunk drips into a fistfull of tissues. And as you catch a glimpse of your own drained vacant face reflected in the laptop screen a wave of inadequacy washes you back into your otherwise empty moribund existence as an unwelcome self-parodying web antagonist.

In summary; fuck off.

lagerstarfish

• forum hero
  • Weapon Of Mass
#20 Re: forum standards on UKB
September 07, 2014, 09:29:16 pm
l having been on the receiving end of this, I now I consider it quite right to respond in kind.

oh no you don't !

etc.

tomtom

• forum hero
#21 Re: forum standards on UKB
September 07, 2014, 09:32:24 pm
He's behind you!!

lagerstarfish

• forum hero
  • Weapon Of Mass
#22 Re: forum standards on UKB
September 07, 2014, 09:35:09 pm
oh no he - oh!

lagerstarfish

• forum hero
  • Weapon Of Mass
#23 Re: forum standards on UKB
September 07, 2014, 09:41:59 pm
tiddly winky winky,

tiddly winky woo,

I love you

psychomansam

• forum hero
#24 Re: forum standards on UKB
September 07, 2014, 09:51:23 pm
A while back I got bored of puntering Sloper for dickishness and gave him some waddage for insulting me in an almost measured way. As they say in teaching poorly behaved boys 'catch them when they're good'.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal