places to visit > conditions reports (isitgreasy on twitter)

Widdop and Bridestones conditions tomorrow

(1/4) > >>

nathanie1:
Heading over to my parents tomorrow and they live close to Widdop and Bridestones. According to metcheck.com it's suppose to be quite sunny tomorrow.

Following today's bad weather, does anyone know whether either place will be in a good state?

I really keen to go to Bridestones and apparently it dries quickly, but I obviously don't want to cause any damage to the rock if it's not in ideal condition. Also I've known Widdop to get quite boggy after bad weather.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Cheers

tomtom:
I would steer clear of Bridestones as it need a a couple of days to dry properly.

tomtom:
Was up at Widdop today - and was in pretty good shape for summer grit (surprisingly close to winter conditions out of the sun). However some heads up - the car park there seems to have been commandeered and fenced off by contractors doing some fettling on the dam or something (Will may know as its YW) so parking is on the road and a bit limited/less friendly....

Will Hunt:
Sounds good about the connies, Tom. Did you look at Fight on Black by any chance? Is there a particular time of day when its best to try that (morning/afternoon shade) or a particular wind direction that keeps it cool?

I believe we are doing some work at Widdop at the moment. I don't have any direct involvement in the scheme but will try and find out how long the car park is likely to be out of action, and whether access over the dam might be restricted at any point.

tomtom:

--- Quote from: Will Hunt on August 03, 2015, 01:08:25 pm ---Sounds good about the connies, Tom. Did you look at Fight on Black by any chance? Is there a particular time of day when its best to try that (morning/afternoon shade) or a particular wind direction that keeps it cool?

I believe we are doing some work at Widdop at the moment. I don't have any direct involvement in the scheme but will try and find out how long the car park is likely to be out of action, and whether access over the dam might be restricted at any point.

--- End quote ---

Yup (in power club). FOTB is in the shade in the morning (starts to come around onto the corner of it about 1:20-2pm...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version