UKBouldering.com

Best place to find rental properties - Sheffield (Read 23630 times)

bigtuboflard

• forum abuser
If they are the derelict buildings I am thinking of, they have been there for ages. Sure someone more local will know if there is any planned building works on there or not, but it wouldn't surprise me if there was at there has been quite a lot of redevelopment in that part of town lately.

Even though it is reasonably close to the train tracks, I think you should be far enough back not to be a problem, plus I think the tracks are in a bit of a cutting at that point anyway so perhaps even less noise.

Fingers crossed this one will work out for you anyway chain!

a dense loner

• forum hero
I live on that rd and so does moo. I don't hear any trains. It's a good rd to live on. And re it's been empty for a mth, my girlfriends house has been up for rent for 6 wks, the people that have been to look at it wouldn't be able to afford it even if they passed any checks. It's not just rentees that get a hard time  ;)
It's not in shef

cha1n

• forum hero
Thanks guys.

It's good to hear some good stuff from people who actually live on the road. I've decided to go ahead. Although the mrs is slightly reluctant because it's the complete opposite of what she wanted but I say give it a go for 6 months and see what we think. Might even be in a position to buy by then but 12 months more likely.

I'll keep the "is cha1n going to get screwed over by another landlord" thread updated but hopefully things go through this time. Prepared myself for the move by getting on some local limestone bouldering yesterday - I don't like it! Shows up my weak fingers that I somehow usually get to avoid on sandstone!

shark

• Administrator
  • forum hero
  • insect overlord #1
I live on that rd and so does moo. I don't hear any trains. It's a good rd to live on. And re it's been empty for a mth, my girlfriends house has been up for rent for 6 wks, the people that have been to look at it wouldn't be able to afford it even if they passed any checks. It's not just rentees that get a hard time  ;)
It's not in shef

Is it in Cumbria ?

a dense loner

• forum hero
You think I'd travel to Cumbria?

Johnny Brown

• forum hero
You'd go to the fucking moon, I think that's well established.

shark

• Administrator
  • forum hero
  • insect overlord #1
You think I'd travel to Cumbria?

Is she moving to live with you ?

a dense loner

• forum hero
What is this fuckin question time?
Pat says hi Johnny

shark

• Administrator
  • forum hero
  • insect overlord #1
What is this fuckin question time?
Pat says hi Johnny

Its in the public interest

Happy Dense = happy forum

a dense loner

• forum hero
I'd say the opposite is true  ;)

Obi-Wan is lost...

• forum hero
Update. Have been offered a property to rent at 66 Ulverston Road. Seems OK but slight concerned that the back garden seems to be overlooking some derelect buildings or something. I noticed that further up the road there's some new buildings, so presumably the land behind the house has been sold for flats or something. Anyone have any local knowledge regarding this?
Don't stress about the land behind, the Google images are out of date.

No longer derelict, now looks like a reasonable secure industrial unit accessed off Archer Road.
Look Bing does have some uses...
http://binged.it/UFVGXG

cha1n

• forum hero
Thanks but are you sure that the bing ones are up to date? I think there may have been a bakery or something there before. The landlady got in touch today to say that some building work started 6-7 years ago but stopped during the recession and they are yet to start again.

I was mainly concerned with youts getting on the land and causing problems but apparently it's all locked up. Google street maps shows some big blue fences locking the entrance off.

Either way, I've told her we'll go ahead now, she's calling in 45 mins to discuss going ahead and I'm guessing to take my information for references etc.

Obi-Wan is lost...

• forum hero
Your right...ignore me, getting confused. I blame the heat...
« Last Edit: July 28, 2014, 04:54:41 pm by Obi-Wan is lost... »

cha1n

• forum hero
No problem, I appreciate you taking the time to try and help anyway!

If we're not happy with the views out the back then we'll just have to deal with it for 6 months now. It's out fault for not going up and viewing the property I suppose but I doubt that I'll be out in the back garden much!

lagerstarfish

• forum hero
  • Weapon Of Mass
  • "There's no cure for being a c#nt"
Your right...ignore me, getting confused. I blame the heat...

:lol:

on the bing pic, our house is missing the extension done in 2009

Jaspersharpe

• forum hero
  • 1B punter
  • Allez Oleeeve!
That's brilliant. So Bing doesn't have any uses after all. As you were.

Hope this one works out cha1n. It's a decent location.

Obi-Wan is lost...

• forum hero
Agreed, naughty MS copyrighting old pics with 2014.  :spank: I was looking at the partially built flats in the Google aerial shot thinking they were derelict buildings that were replaced by the long low one in the Bing birds eye view image. Other way round.  :-[ Those 'new' flats do look in a sorry state.

Jaspersharpe

• forum hero
  • 1B punter
  • Allez Oleeeve!
It's not a shit area though and I'd have no concerns about the half built flats. The fucked up development has been like that since the crash without turning into a crack den or similar.

Because it's not a shit area.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal