UKBouldering.com

split infinity cave - holds knocked off and numbered? (Read 4943 times)

Lund

• obsessive maniac
Yo

Don't know where to post this, had a search in case it's old, but failed to find 'owt: happened to be in parisellas and split infinity wednesday, as it was pissing it down everywhere else.

In split infinity, there are twenty-odd bits of rock gone, some holds, some not perhaps (can't remember exactly where the holds are, I'm not a regular or owt), nothing higher than a man can reach, all numbered with pen.  By the different colour of the rock underneath, relatively recent.

What gives?

Saw some chap in there, he said "it gets climbed on a lot, holds break", but so many, and WHY WOULD YOU NUMBER THEM.  He had a moustache though so could have just been mental.  I mean, who sports a moustache these days.  Come to think of it, who sports anything you can "sport" these days.

Lopez

• stalker
Nowt wrong with moustaches. One of my bigger regrets in life is that my facial hair doesn't cover dense enough to sport an awesome moustache.

My guess is that the culprit is this fella

a dense loner

• forum hero
I walked past split infinity last week but had already had a shit so didn't need to venture closer, didn't look like any holds had been knocked off then tho

James Malloch

• forum hero
Was fine Monday and Tuesday. There were two girls with a geological hammer around though on Tuesday evening. We hung around a while at parisellas keeping an eye on them and after they concentrated on the very bottom of a crap bit of rock we decided they seemed sensible as they had avoided all climbing parts despite wandering past looking for somewhere.

Prehaps we should have had a word and they weren't as sensible as we though....

Bit of a coincidence that it was the following day that you noticed the breakages!

James Malloch

• forum hero
In fact, we went Sunday and Monday. Not Tuesday. This non-uni, lazy life is getting me confused...

Doylo

• forum hero
If I see some girl in the Cave with a hammer I'll gut the bitch like a fish

tomtom

• forum hero
It's an odd time of year for University Geology students to be out and about.. They'll have recently finished exams and not yet be on any summer mapping projects (probably - Universties all operate to slightly different timetables though..).

masonwoods101

• forum abuser
. I think that may well be the best thing I've heard on UKB.

Richie Crouch

• forum hero
  • G Time
I had a rare trip to the cave on Tuesday and there was a big crew of geology students with some bearded leaders all exclaiming the amazing rare limestone features in sellas.

Lots of high vis vests but no sign of hammers whilst we were there. One of the bearded leaders got down on his back looking up into the grotty roof under beaver rh sitter and announced the wonderous significance of this particular part.  :shrug:

tomtom

• forum hero
What is it with Geologists and beards...

lagerstarfish

• forum hero
  • Weapon Of Mass
  • "There's no cure for being a c#nt"
One of my bigger regrets in life is that my facial hair doesn't cover dense

that must be the oddest thing I've heard on UKB

mr chaz

• obsessive maniac
It's an odd time of year for University Geology students to be out and about.. They'll have recently finished exams and not yet be on any summer mapping projects (probably - Universties all operate to slightly different timetables though..).

I was doing my mapping project this time last year in North Wales, spent a lot time trying to prevent my fellow students bashing the rock to shit. From what I saw on field trips etc it was never malicious or to cause damage for the sake of it, they just couldn't seem to comprehend the fact that someone might be bothered if they hack that lump off that boulder.

Lopez

• stalker
that must be the oddest thing I've heard on UKB

Well played sir, well played...

Jaspersharpe

• forum hero
  • 1B punter
  • Allez Oleeeve!
I reckon the blame here lies with Gordon Brown's Labour government. Had the Geology degree not been devalued by the massive increase in HE participation we wouldn't be seeing retarded cunts smashing fuck out of holds in the name of science.

andymarshll

• player
Aww Jeez! I'm worried now, should some kind of camping chair and shotgun guard rota be organised?

Doylo

• forum hero
I had a rare trip to the cave on Tuesday

Is this a pisstake??

fatdoc

• forum hero
  • old and fearful
    • http://www.pincheswall.co.uk
. I think that may well be the best thing I've heard on UKB.

Spend some more time on here, Doylo can, and has, done even better.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal