the shizzle > coaching

Fitness instruction Qualifications and the law

(1/3) > >>

Oldmanmatt:
Does anyone have any clue if there is a legal requirement for a formal qualification, to run/instruct/coach fitness classes (ie Circuit training); in the UK?

danm:
I'd be surprised if the answer is yes. For mountaineering/climbing there is no legal requirement to be qualified, for example - it is based on competence. You could have an MIA, but equally be totally unqualified but with a wealth of relevant experience. The clincher is whether you can persuade your insurer to provide cover.

Sloper:
+1 to the above: I would suggest you'd be mad to provide 'personal trainer' / PTI style beastings without insurance and the insurers may well require some sort of 'ticket'.

Oldmanmatt:
Thank you chaps!

Problems with contractors again...

Plot:

Young eager Business conceives novel way to utilise it's facility during quiet times and hires a professional to run the class at a fixed fee.

Enterprising "Professional" runs class for 3 weeks, steals client list, drops class and invites attendees to a new session in the local park instead.

"Professional" has forgotten that the summer is a short term thing and no-one will be doing sit ups in the mud and rain come October or that it will be dark by the time people finish work; so I do hope the flood lighting isn't too expensive.

Apparently, £25 an hour is robbery and £2 to park a car makes it slavery.

a dense loner:
That's the business world Matt  ;)
What's the figure of 25 ph for?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version