UKBouldering.com

'Gill & Gill' - a film comparing bouldering and letter carving (Read 13780 times)

Falling Down

• forum hero
    • bensblogredux
I support quite a few things, through Kickstarter/Unbound.  Books worthy of publication and a couple of films.  The difference being that the folk asking for cash seem to have a modicum of artistic integrity and an idea worth pursuing. 

This strikes me as a vanity project of the worst kind from someone who's recently discovered climbing with a limited grasp of what constitutes art and therefore, as you say JB, not worth putting money in so should have been easy to ignore.  I was very polite with my first response.

However, I was irritated by the patronising reply and lack of DIY application needed before someone becomes credible enough to give money to.  An ill conceived subject with the most tenuous of propositions coupled with an arrogance and sense of entitlement is worthy of log piling.  If you need to validate, check the blog post about the Shoreditch boulder on the Kickstarter page, you couldn't make it up.

Jack, or whatever your name is, go and create something that you're passionate about.  Do It Yourself without thinking of what other people will think and whether it's worth funding or not.  If it's well received, you'll feel good about yourself and will have made the world a better place.

a dense loner

• forum hero
What a load of fucking bollocks

Oldmanmatt

• forum hero
  • At this rate, I probably won’t last the week.
  • Largely broken. Obsolete spares and scrap only.
    • The Boulder Bunker climbing centre

What a load of fucking bollocks

Deftly circumventing any hint of pretentiousness, with consummate grace and the erudition of pure nobility; again....

Falling Down

• forum hero
    • bensblogredux

Falling Down

• forum hero
    • bensblogredux
Including my post three lines back.

Jaspersharpe

• forum hero
  • 1B punter
  • Allez Oleeeve!
No I agreed with pretty much all of that post FD.  And all of Dense's post.

Lucy Creamer isn't even any good at bouldering. What is this nonsense?

Doylo

• forum hero
Couldn't imagine anything duller. Does Lucy Creamer actually have to meet the nonce?

dave

tomtom

• forum hero

SA Chris

• forum hero
    • http://groups.msn.com/ChrisClix
Does Lucy Creamer actually have to meet the nonce?

I think the nonce is dead already, so probably not.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal