UKBouldering.com

hemline + another (Read 2127 times)

rich

hemline + another
May 12, 2014, 12:03:54 pm
Was at higgar yesterday wandering around in the rain and revisited hemline on piss/shit block.  :shit: I did the first ascent and it has been written up wrong in the guides so to clear it up. You start at the back and reach directly out to the lip (this deposits you on its right). You then traverse the lip to finish up problem on the left. You don't use any hand holds under the roof bar the starting jug. The name should make sense now. A bit eliminate but cool cos you end out hanging on very vertical slopes.

Also about 3 years back did a new prob on the (last) buttress way right of the cowper stone. It has two sloppy prows on left and right starting on same jug under rooflet (can't remember names). The new prob goes straight over the top onto a thin seam. about 6c+/7a. Quite mean.

Rich.

Ackbar

• player
#1 Re: hemline + another
May 24, 2014, 04:13:13 pm
What grade do you think the problem in the guide is i.e. start of shit till the start of piss? (Please excuse the language).

a dense loner

• forum hero
#2 Re: hemline + another
May 24, 2014, 04:55:34 pm
I don't understand what you've just asked? :shrug:

Bonjoy

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
  • Leafy gent
#3 Re: hemline + another
May 26, 2014, 09:29:38 pm
Had a look at Hemline today (also whilst walking in rain). What you described looks a good problem, better than the guide described line which has always seemed a bit pointless to me.

Ackbar

• player
#4 Re: hemline + another
June 02, 2014, 07:45:27 pm
My question was, what grade is the guidebook described line? It can't be 7a+. The guidebook described line is not a logical line but is still a worth while problem for those who can't climb the other lines. Not many sub 7A roof climbs on grit are there?

r-man

• forum hero
  • Glory lurks beneath the moss
    • LANCASHIRE BOULDERING GUIDEBOOK
#5 Re: hemline + another
June 02, 2014, 08:39:53 pm
Someone (possibly Andy Harris or Rich Heap?) pointed out the original line of hemline on here a few years ago. It's on peakbouldering as Hemline Original. Feel free to edit if it's incorrectly described.

http://peakbouldering.info/problems/2114-hemline-original

What grade do you think it is? I thought it was soft at the grade, but don't remember thinking it was below 7A.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal