UKBouldering.com

British Bouldering Championships 2014 (Read 27550 times)

erm, sam

• forum hero
who were...?

r-man

• forum hero
  • Glory lurks beneath the moss
    • LANCASHIRE BOULDERING GUIDEBOOK
Hard to say really. Everyone was wearing the same black vest!

slackline

• forum hero
    • Sheffield Boulder
Check the Climbing Works blog from the same day as the finals for details (I would link to it myself but am too busy reading forums  ;) ).

r-man

• forum hero
  • Glory lurks beneath the moss
    • LANCASHIRE BOULDERING GUIDEBOOK
Dave Barrans and Michaela Tracy.

cowboyhat

• forum hero
Shame for Michaela, there will always be an * next to her win.

*Due to incompetent administration, the British Bouldering Championships were held on the same weekend as a Bouldering World Cup event.

slackline

• forum hero
    • Sheffield Boulder

*Due to incompetent administration, the British Bouldering Championships were held on the same weekend as a Bouldering World Cup event.

Shuana could have competed at the British Bouldering Championships and defended her title but competed in the Bouldering World Cup instead.  As abbaro81 wrote recently... "Choices innit". (that and you can't have everything in life).

Well done Michaela, you were the best competitor in the event.

cowboyhat

• forum hero
(the athletes should not have this choice, this is about whatever system or lack thereof that led to this schedule conflict.)

psychomansam

• forum hero

I'm agreed about the incompetence. But from Michaela's point of view, she can't complain really. It's the only way she was going to get gold!

Wood FT

• forum hero
I'm agreed about the incompetence. But from Michaela's point of view, she can't complain really. It's the only way she was going to get gold!

The thing is, you don't know that, which is why it's a shame (it was a close one at the foundry comp, granted Shauna's form has sky rocketed since then)

still, strong field on the day, nice one Michaela  :beer2:

danm

• junky
(the athletes should not have this choice, this is about whatever system or lack thereof that led to this schedule conflict.)

Stoked for Michaela and Dave, you can only beat those competing against you. Must have been roasting!

As for the facts behind the clash of comps, the BBC was scheduled when the World Cup was only going to be a lead and speed event. Bouldering was added later, hence the clash. Shit happens.

Moo

• forum hero
  • Is an idiot
Sorry danm I'm going to have to pull you up on that no nonsense statement using sound logic. This is UKB can we have the same again please, but this time perhaps with a picture of an Ostrich

mr__j5

• menacing presence
  • Peter J
  • tall, bendy and weak

And that is probably why this was her first comment about winning on Facebook -

"So apparently i am british bouldering champion this year?!! Going to take a lot of training to beat the real champ next year i feel..."

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal