UKBouldering.com

Shauna wins gold ! (Read 19031 times)

Muenchener

• Trusted Users
  • forum hero
#25 Re: Shauna wins gold !
May 18, 2014, 10:56:19 am
It's slightly odd, that my (all male, age 18-25) staff are absolutely obsessed with her!

No it isn't.

I personally find Jule and Melissa (even) more attractive, but come on: good looking, extremely fit young woman who they know has a common interest. What's not to have a crush on?

I enjoy watching (and taking part in) competition bouldering. Couldn't care less about lead competitions.

mr__j5

• menacing presence
  • Peter J
  • tall, bendy and weak
#26 Re: Shauna wins gold !
May 18, 2014, 11:22:52 am

Can we start a news thread, naming the teams, each season?

This is where it is usually listed: http://www.gbclimbingteam.co.uk/senior-bouldering

Although this site doesn't really get the focus that it should.

r-man

• forum hero
  • Glory lurks beneath the moss
    • LANCASHIRE BOULDERING GUIDEBOOK
#27 Re: Shauna wins gold !
May 18, 2014, 11:26:23 am
It's a boring website.

tomtom

• forum hero
#28 Re: Shauna wins gold !
May 18, 2014, 11:44:56 am
Gold again ! :dance1:

Dude - you really need to batter out The Oak whilst this winning vibe is about  :)

:/

kelvin

• forum hero
#29 Re: Shauna wins gold !
May 18, 2014, 12:00:13 pm
To be fair, I was pretty blotto when I wrote that and I thought I was tuning in to some winning karmic vibe. Today I just feel sick. Ameretto sambucca is pretty horrific.

Top performance however, stuck to her guns on that last problem. Great stuff.

Wood FT

• forum hero
#30 Re: Shauna wins gold !
May 18, 2014, 01:39:24 pm
To be fair, I was pretty blotto when I wrote that and I thought I was tuning in to some winning karmic vibe. Today I just feel sick. Ameretto sambucca is pretty horrific.

I've had that stuff before, shatner's bassoon territory, you're better off on crack

nice one Shauna

ducko

• junky
#31 Re: Shauna wins gold !
May 18, 2014, 02:57:28 pm
really cool, good to watch!
they'll have to put her against the blokes if she gets any better

psychomansam

• forum hero
#32 Re: Shauna wins gold !
May 18, 2014, 03:23:22 pm
 :agre

Iirc, there was prob in Baku women's finals which she flashed, and which had been used in the men's semis, with lots of men struggling

Doylo

• forum hero
#33 Re: Shauna wins gold !
May 18, 2014, 06:26:25 pm
I couldn't care less about comps normally but there's something pretty inspiring about a young girl from Runcorn beating the rest of the world.
:agre

Iirc, there was prob in Baku women's finals which she flashed, and which had been used in the men's semis, with lots of men struggling

She's a mutant

Footwork

• forum abuser
  • Living With Wads
    • Living With Wads
#34 Re: Shauna wins gold !
May 18, 2014, 06:31:08 pm
I couldn't care less about comps normally but there's something pretty inspiring about a young girl from Runcorn beating the rest of the world.

Agreed! It's like the Brownlee's coming from Horsforth

GraemeA

• forum hero
  • FTM
    • The Works, it's the Bollocks
#35 Re: Shauna wins gold !
May 18, 2014, 07:39:55 pm

Chongqing quals, P5 was identical for men and women. Only Shauna and Akiyo did it although quite a few got close and a decent number got the bonus  Results here http://www.ifsc-climbing.org/index.php/world-competition#!comp=1518&cat=5&route=0

psychomansam

• forum hero
#36 Re: Shauna wins gold !
May 18, 2014, 08:09:35 pm

Chongqing quals, P5 was identical for men and women. Only Shauna and Akiyo did it although quite a few got close and a decent number got the bonus  Results here http://www.ifsc-climbing.org/index.php/world-competition#!comp=1518&cat=5&route=0

As my memory goes, that's actually pretty close to the truth!  :clap2:

GraemeA

• forum hero
  • FTM
#37 Re: Shauna wins gold !
May 18, 2014, 09:15:07 pm
Close to the truth. Cheeky cunt, it is the truth   :hug:

Jaspersharpe

• forum hero
  • 1B punter
  • Allez Oleeeve!
#38 Re: Shauna wins gold !
May 18, 2014, 10:19:21 pm
So you say you wine addled cunt. We're supposed to take your memory as gospel? I think not. ;-)

You owe me six pints for Sunderland staying up by the way. #Gus

GraemeA

• forum hero
  • FTM
#39 Re: Shauna wins gold !
May 19, 2014, 01:06:17 pm
So you say you wine addled cunt. We're supposed to take your memory as gospel? I think not. ;-)

You owe me six pints for Sunderland staying up by the way. #Gus

You might have a point there Jasper  :beer2:

shark

• Administrator
  • forum hero
  • insect overlord #1
#40 Re: Shauna wins gold !
May 19, 2014, 05:55:02 pm
Write up from the BMC:

Double gold for climbing star Coxsey

Top British climber Shauna Coxsey has just won her second gold of the season in the IFSC Boulder World Cup 2014, making this year’s competition definitely one to watch.
Fresh from winning her first ever IFSC gold in Grindelwald (10-11 May), Coxsey struck gold again in Innsbruck on Saturday (17 May). Coxsey, 21, from Runcorn, is now ranked first midway through the eight round series, after winning two out of four rounds so far.  Shauna is well on her way to a personal best and female British record, having come 4th overall in 2013 and 3rd in 2012.
Rob Adie, competitions officer for the British Mountaineering Council (BMC) said: “Shauna has been on the brink of winning a round for some time. Her medal haul of two golds, a silver and a bronze puts her in a fantastic position for claiming the overall title. She now has a good break so she can rest and hopefully stand on top of the podium again in Toronto in a couple of weeks.”

“This is a great result for the GB Climbing Team as whole, especially with the funding challenges they had at the beginning of the season. Hopefully this will boost the whole team to achieve great things – and perhaps even attract new sponsors.”
Coxsey said: “Innsbruck is always a stand-out event in the season. Last year I didn’t climb very well at this competition, and I remember how it felt watching the finals from the crowd. I didn’t want to be watching again this year. I was so excited about making it to finals. The crowd in Innsbruck is immense, the wall is amazing and the setting is always really fun.
The atmosphere really is incomparable to any of the other events. Standing on top of the podium was indescribable; I still can’t believe that I won! Again (ahh)!  I’m pretty overwhelmed. Next week I will be heading to North America to compete in Canada and Colorado before heading back to China for the penultimate round and then to France for the last one. I am so excited for the next competitions.”
The IFSC World Cup event in Innsbruck (16-17 May) attracted thousands of people to watch the action at the Marktplatz in the city centre. Innsbruck is home to two of the world’s best boulderers: Killian Fischhuber and reigning women’s champion Anna Stöhr, and the phenomenal atmosphere of the event reflected the support they have from their community.
In the men’s, Austrian Kilian Fischhuber took gold on his home turf, but in the women’s Shauna Coxsey beat off the fierce competition from Anna Stöhr. Things came down to the wire once again for Anna Stöhr and Shauna Coxsey, but Anna failed to reach the top of the fourth boulder, leaving Shauna to take gold with three tops to Anna’s two.
The next IFSC World Cup will be in Toronto, Canada on 31 May - 1 June. The series then heads to Vail in Colorado, USA, and to Haiyang, China, before culminating in Laval, France on 27-28 June. 
Shauna Coxsey will also be competing in the IFSC World Championships, a standalone event held in Munich, 21-23 August.
Finals results:
1st – Shauna Coxsey and Killian Fischhuber
2nd – Anna Stöhr and Adam Ondra
3rd – Akiyo Noguchi and Rustam Gelmanov

GB results:
1st – Shauna Coxsey
16th – Mina Leslie-Wujastyk
37th  - Micheala Tracy
67th – Diane Merrick
41st – Dave Barrans
45th – Orrin Coley
65th – Jon Partridge

abarro81

• forum hero
#41 Re: Shauna wins gold !
May 19, 2014, 06:29:00 pm
Question for those in the know: Do all rounds count in the final standings, or is it one of those things where the worst performances get dropped to allow people to miss rounds (e.g. 6 or 7 scores count out of 8 rounds)?

psychomansam

• forum hero
#42 Re: Shauna wins gold !
May 19, 2014, 06:33:15 pm
And also, how do points get allocated, i.e. how many for first, second, nineteenth?

abarro81

• forum hero
#43 Re: Shauna wins gold !
May 19, 2014, 06:37:20 pm
Just found the answer here for anyone interested:
http://www.ifsc-climbing.org/index.php/world-competition#!type=ranking&cat=ICC_FB&cup=14_WC&detail=1

7 out of 8 count
1st = 100
2nd = 80
3rd = 65
then 55, 51, 47... down to 30th place which gets you 1 point.

EdGowSmith

• menacing presence
#44 Re: Shauna wins gold !
June 01, 2014, 09:19:52 pm
Some media coverage of Shauna's win and British comp climbing.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-27647454

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal