UKBouldering.com

lesser known problems in magic wood (Read 2032 times)

iwasmexican

• obsessive maniac
lesser known problems in magic wood
May 21, 2014, 12:27:26 pm
So heading to magic wood at the end of the month and was wondering if anyone had any recommendations for decent problems that I might not have seen in the millions of near identical vidoes... keen to try rythmo brachial (look like a cooler line than the right hand) and kashmir looks amazing too, any others up to ~8A to look out for?

jakk

• regular
Iron Butterfly ~7b+ is absolutely brilliant, also worth checking out Exclusive 7B, blue sky of mine, nice highball 6A+ and blindflug 7A, maybe my facourite problem there. Abraxas 7B looks really good but I never had the pads, and Batman, the 8a left of muttertag plus the 2 7c+s nearby also look great. also check the guestbook when you're there for anything new. There's also a new great looking highball 8A called Arkanum if that floats your boat

iwasmexican

• obsessive maniac
ok cool thanks I remember trying iron butterfly before, keen to get back on it, will have a look at those, with the exception maybe of arkanum, the video looks nuts... wheres this logbook though, in the campsite or guesthouse?

turnipturned

• forum abuser
You probably know about it already as it has seen more attention in the last few years but I can't recommend Mini-sex enough!

Get yourself on Austonuaticfiberweberer or however its spelt, amazing! Big and airy, just what you like Chris!

iwasmexican

• obsessive maniac
yeah seen that from your older video looks class, seen some cheeky beta for it too:

and yeah keen to get on that too but going to be on my own ha so might be a bit hairy. are you still working on your swiss video as well, keen to see it.

finbarrr

• obsessive maniac
my favorite was linserboulder (7a)

jakk

• regular
yeah Astronautenfieber is great, some very small crimps there with a landing that just gets further and further away, saying that its right at the start so there will be people to try it with I reckon. Arkanum was more if you were after a real adventure, plenty else to try. I mean the one in the campsite although worth flicking through the one at the guesthouse too. There's also a new version of both of the guides out now which they'll have there but doesn't seem to be stocked anywhere in england so if you haven't grabbed one yet then get one there.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal