UKBouldering.com

Recommend a small van style car please (Read 1106 times)

cha1n

• forum hero
Recommend a small van style car please
April 30, 2014, 03:27:30 am
Hi

As much as it pains me to drive something so ugly, I was wondering if anyone could recommend a small van style car, something like the berlingo or Fiat doblo.

It would generally be used for commuting to work/climbing but would also be used to sleep in on short trips. I'm 6'1 so if someone can confirm that it's possible to sleep comfortably in the back at my height, that would be great.

Thank you for any advice.

SamT

• forum hero
I'd have said a berlingo, I know quite a few people who have one and love them.  However, not sure if it would be long enough to kip in for you. Thought of a big estate? Mondeo etc. Much nicer drive and certainly space to kip in the back.

marcpontin

• regular
Honda sm-x. I've got one. The seats fold out into a double bed. check it out on the web. highly recommended!

tommytwotone

• forum hero
  • Southern jessie turned Almscliff devotee
There's one of them on the road adjacent to mine in Leeds - looks like a cool car!

marcpontin

• regular
yeah its great. Theres not too many off them around as they were all imported privately from Japan. The seats are amazingly versatile allowing car/van or camper arrangement within seconds. usual bulletproof Japanese build quality. only real drawback is the 2 litre petrol engine/autogearbox combo which makes it a tad thirsty! (bloody quick mind!)

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal