UKBouldering.com

Les Courtilles du Lido campsite - Font (Read 2890 times)

roddersm

• stalker
Les Courtilles du Lido campsite - Font
March 27, 2014, 11:29:33 am
Has anyone stayed in the cabins at Les Courtilles du Lido? If so was wondering how suitable they'd be, and the campsite generally, with an infant (11months)....location wise seems to be a bit further out than some of the other campsites but generally looks like an ok spot. Also anyone know where I could rent crash pads out there?

Thanks.

miso soup

• obsessive maniac
I've stayed in a cabin there and would do so again.  We crammed a load of us in and it worked out pretty cheap.  Good to have a kitchen and your own bathroom.  They've got a bar on site.  Don't recall anything that would make it infant unfriendly.  We hired some pads from The House on that trip.

slackline

• forum hero
    • Sheffield Boulder
Yes but never with an 11 month old.  Given you drive to most venues anyway I never felt its location to be a problem although as others have noted the proximity to train lines may be a distraction.

The restaurant La Gavotte in Moret-sur-Loing is very good.

Site has crazy golf which is always fun with a few beers.

roddersm

• stalker
Sounds good, thanks for the replies. That's pretty helpful info.

roddersm

• stalker
Still not sorted.... has anyone stayed at Parc du Gue and the mobile homes there? If so any feedback?.....

Also I'm guessing a few folks have made the drive from the North of England in a oner? I think we plan to do over 2 days with the baby in tow, staying in the south of England maybe but just wondering if anyone has any advice on the journey? Thanks. 

slackline

• forum hero
    • Sheffield Boulder
Don't know if you've driven before but once in France avoid the Peripherique around Paris and instead go via the A/104/N104 past the airport.

tomtom

• forum hero
Still not sorted.... has anyone stayed at Parc du Gue and the mobile homes there? If so any feedback?.....

Also I'm guessing a few folks have made the drive from the North of England in a oner? I think we plan to do over 2 days with the baby in tow, staying in the south of England maybe but just wondering if anyone has any advice on the journey? Thanks.

Considered getting the overnight ferry from Hull > Zebrugge? The ferry is more ££ but doesnt work out too bad when you consider you get an overnight stop (and cut out the shit bit of the drive) - and its same time from Zebrugge to font as calais etc.. Was chatting to Nai about this on weds (he's off tomorrow IIRC) and thats what he does with his family...

roddersm

• stalker
Hi thanks - yeah we're actually travelling from Ireland so there is an overnight ferry from rosslaire that we've got previously. We thought we'd try this route because there is more choice of ferries and would stop of en route in Yorkshire....and yes thanks slackline I've got caught on the peripherique before! 

Durbs

• forum hero
The Peripherique makes the M25 look efficient...

fried

• forum hero
The peripherique is fine if you come through during the week between 10am - 4pm. And generally fine at the weekend at these times. Avoid school holidays and peak times and it's much quicker than the death-trap that is the N104.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal