UKBouldering.com

New Anston Problems? (Read 2302 times)

Three Nine

• forum hero
New Anston Problems?
April 17, 2014, 08:04:21 am
There's been a load of tree clearance along the line of the railway at Anston recently. If you walk from the Wave area along the train tracks, then just before you get to Hidden Buttress, down on your right is a good-looking steep wall/roof which looks like it would have a few good(?) problems on. I doubt its been checked out before, unless very recently, as it was previously obscured by trees I think. I didn't inspect it closely, and i'm far too lazy for this sort of thing, but somebody might enjoy developing it? R-man? Apologies if its shit!

Three Nine

• forum hero
#1 Re: New Anston Problems?
April 17, 2014, 08:11:56 am
Also, on Apprentice Wall, it looked like a good link could be done starting up The Rookie, then moving left along the obvious line of holds at about head height into the finish of Apprentice Prow. At a guess 7A/B. Anyone bothered?

joble

#2 Re: New Anston Problems?
April 17, 2014, 08:17:13 am
No

masonwoods101

• forum abuser
#3 Re: New Anston Problems?
April 17, 2014, 08:54:11 am
The link you mention is basixally the opposite of a 7b+That is pretty good! Tried the link you mention but was knakered!

r-man

• forum hero
  • Glory lurks beneath the moss
    • LANCASHIRE BOULDERING GUIDEBOOK
#4 Re: New Anston Problems?
April 17, 2014, 11:55:02 am
somebody might enjoy developing it? R-man? Apologies if its shit!

I'm sure Mike or Dawid will get on the case (if Mike hasn't already), they both live down that way.

Dolph

• player
#5 Re: New Anston Problems?
April 17, 2014, 04:00:42 pm
This is a Buttress called Sentinal. I have climbed on it a long time ago and know that John, one of the original developers, climbed in it a fair bit. From memory it has some okay lower grade climbs on it that revolve around a small steeper section. I left it out of the guide , along with a lot of other things, because I wanted to keep the impact of climbers to minimum in the Woods. As was mentioned it was quite hidden and overgrown. If it's now cleared then it might be worth more formally recording the problems. The woods has been extensively explored and I have a hand drawn map (And some topos) with loads of buttresses on that I was govern when I was young.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal