UKBouldering.com

Boulderization Pantalones (Read 48598 times)

jshaw

• addict
#125 Re: Boulderization Pantalones
July 28, 2020, 03:06:03 pm
Can anyone recommend some trew to make me look extra fly?

Have been wearing Tesco trousers for ages. 2 for £25. You can get a 'stretchy' cotton version that are great for climbing but probably don't tick the 'available in cool colours' box. Had a couple of pairs of Prana / Patagonia trousers but found I destroyed them surprisingly quickly.

205Chris

• forum hero
#126 Re: Boulderization Pantalones
November 26, 2023, 07:18:36 pm
I'm finally having to accept that the last pair of Decathlon jeans I bought on a 2 for £40 quid offer are about to finally bite the dust.

So, recommendations please. Hard wearing enough for grit bouldering, not so thin the wind blows straight through them and a bit stretchy. Not much to ask is it?

jakaitch

• regular
#127 Re: Boulderization Pantalones
November 26, 2023, 09:07:17 pm
Moon chords or Route One jeans (not climbing brand but stretchy, comfy and hard wearing!)

Probes

• forum hero
  • Wood Abuser
    • Crusher Holds
#128 Re: Boulderization Pantalones
November 26, 2023, 11:56:01 pm
I can recommend 3rd rock jeans as an option. I got some at not full price, but they are pretty damn good, super stretchy, decent quality and super comfy sat on a bar stool.

Mercury jeans i seem to remember

SA Chris

• forum hero
    • http://groups.msn.com/ChrisClix
#129 Re: Boulderization Pantalones
November 27, 2023, 08:22:45 am
More Decathlon ones? The newer ones are slightly more hard wearing. I removed the annoying draw cords from the ankles though.

James Malloch

• forum hero
#130 Re: Boulderization Pantalones
November 27, 2023, 10:40:02 am
I can recommend 3rd rock jeans as an option. I got some at not full price, but they are pretty damn good, super stretchy, decent quality and super comfy sat on a bar stool.

Mercury jeans i seem to remember

I love mine but they need replacing soon. I ordered a few pairs from them but they were a hugely different fit from my old pair.

They recommend sizing up but even with that my old pair were far superior. I sent the new ones back and I am sticking with my pair that’s full of holes…

IanP

• forum abuser
#131 Re: Boulderization Pantalones
November 27, 2023, 02:48:42 pm
More Decathlon ones? The newer ones are slightly more hard wearing. I removed the annoying draw cords from the ankles though.

This.  The new version is a cotton polyester mix, on initial use feels like it should be pretty hard wearing.  Less thick than standard cotton jean material but fairly wind resistant.  Maybe a bit less jean like in appearance but look fine to me, not that I have any expertise in what the fashionable climber about the crag wears these days   ::)

slab_happy

• forum hero
#132 Re: Boulderization Pantalones
November 27, 2023, 06:31:55 pm
I'm finally having to accept that the last pair of Decathlon jeans I bought on a 2 for £40 quid offer are about to finally bite the dust.

So, recommendations please. Hard wearing enough for grit bouldering, not so thin the wind blows straight through them and a bit stretchy. Not much to ask is it?

I really love Alpkit's jeans, and they've held up well so far.

lagerstarfish

• forum hero
  • Weapon Of Mass
  • "There's no cure for being a c#nt"
#133 Re: Boulderization Pantalones
November 27, 2023, 08:11:51 pm
M&S stretch jeans are worth a try

available in a few different styles and they even offer a more water resistant version

proper sizing options compared to the limited sizes we are used to from climbing clothing manufacturers

spidermonkey09

• forum hero
#134 Re: Boulderization Pantalones
November 28, 2023, 07:29:22 am
Absolutely shocked that so many people can climb in jeans. I'd rather go out in shorts in winter than jeans, so restricting!

SA Chris

• forum hero
#135 Re: Boulderization Pantalones
November 28, 2023, 08:48:52 am
So what do you wear? I default to wearing them all year round. I occasionally climb in shorts and rip my legs to bits.

spidermonkey09

• forum hero
#136 Re: Boulderization Pantalones
November 28, 2023, 09:08:21 am
Normally just climbing/walking trousers. I've currently got a Rab pair and an E9 pair, both second hand. But both a much looser fit than jeans.

James Malloch

• forum hero
#137 Re: Boulderization Pantalones
November 28, 2023, 09:18:05 am
Normally just climbing/walking trousers. I've currently got a Rab pair and an E9 pair, both second hand. But both a much looser fit than jeans.

The jeans I have don’t inhibit movement at all - they are so stretchy! Way more movement than my various prana climbing trousers.

SA Chris

• forum hero
#138 Re: Boulderization Pantalones
November 28, 2023, 09:37:38 am
Likewise. They aren't exactly a pair of 501s.

User deactivated.

• forum hero
#139 Re: Boulderization Pantalones
November 28, 2023, 09:52:24 am
I prefer to strip down fully naked for unrestricted movement and no unnecessary weight on a difficult redpoint effort.

spidermonkey09

• forum hero
#140 Re: Boulderization Pantalones
November 28, 2023, 10:04:26 am
I prefer to strip down fully naked for unrestricted movement and no unnecessary weight on a difficult redpoint effort.

I've definitely seen footage of Shark climbing in boxers which is a step too far for me!

I think theres a difference between a loose fit which means no stretch is actually required and a slightly slimmer fit with stretchy material. They give you the same range of motion at the end of the day but its a matter of preference.

El Mocho

• forum abuser
#141 Re: Boulderization Pantalones
November 28, 2023, 10:10:52 am

This summer I developed a little dws venue on Anglesey (it was actually shallow water bouldering, the hard climbing was very close to the water, which was not very deep...). The hardest line was around 7C with some high heels etc, I'd fallen off it a few times. The day I did it I turned up with plenty of boots as I wanted a dry pair for each attempt. Fell off first go and obv had wet shorts, no spares. I felt the wet fabric clinging to my legs would restrict movement + would be a bit heavier with some water in them... you can all work out what I did. Here's a vid of a prev attempt (wearing clothes):

https://www.instagram.com/p/CwLsxK7NTPq/

highrepute

• forum hero
  • Blah
#142 Re: Boulderization Pantalones
November 28, 2023, 10:26:07 am
You're all mad. Apart from Ben and Liam obvs.

What other sport is done in jeans or chinos, madness?!

Tracky bottoms all the way for me.

SA Chris

• forum hero
#143 Re: Boulderization Pantalones
November 28, 2023, 10:51:59 am
Bullriding? :)

Dac

• player
#144 Re: Boulderization Pantalones
November 28, 2023, 11:05:42 am
Wasn’t it Ernest Hemingway who is supposed to have said ‘the only true sports are bullfighting and gritstone highballs, the rest are merely games’.

I never realised this was based entirely upon trouser choice.

User deactivated.

• forum hero
#145 Re: Boulderization Pantalones
November 28, 2023, 11:11:09 am

This summer I developed a little dws venue on Anglesey (it was actually shallow water bouldering, the hard climbing was very close to the water, which was not very deep...). The hardest line was around 7C with some high heels etc, I'd fallen off it a few times. The day I did it I turned up with plenty of boots as I wanted a dry pair for each attempt. Fell off first go and obv had wet shorts, no spares. I felt the wet fabric clinging to my legs would restrict movement + would be a bit heavier with some water in them... you can all work out what I did. Here's a vid of a prev attempt (wearing clothes):

https://www.instagram.com/p/CwLsxK7NTPq/

What do I type in on pr0nhub to find the send?

Wellsy

• forum hero
#146 Re: Boulderization Pantalones
November 28, 2023, 11:19:38 am
I honestly think that the Moon Hubble  Jeans are the best I've ever owned, for climbing and just general wear

SA Chris

• forum hero
#147 Re: Boulderization Pantalones
November 28, 2023, 11:24:35 am
Wasn’t it Ernest Hemingway who is supposed to have said ‘the only true sports are bullfighting and gritstone highballs, the rest are merely games’.

I never realised this was based entirely upon trouser choice.

And fishing. never tried bullfighting wearing a pair of waders though. In fact never tiover-caffeinated sugary drink companyfighting at all. Or wearing waders.

stone

• forum abuser
#148 Re: Boulderization Pantalones
November 28, 2023, 11:31:36 am
I got some Mountain Equipment "approach trousers" in a sale, I guess 20ish-years ago. They are fairly loose fitting and stretchy, very light, fairly abrasion  and wind resistant and very quick drying. I wear Decathalon stretch fleece leggings under them if it's cold. That combination is very warm. With lots of repairing, they have lasted remarkably well.

slab_happy

• forum hero
#149 Re: Boulderization Pantalones
November 28, 2023, 12:53:06 pm
Absolutely shocked that so many people can climb in jeans. I'd rather go out in shorts in winter than jeans, so restricting!

I can and have done yoga in my climbing jeans. And those who have seen me climb can witness that I tend to use silly flexibility to try to make up for my lack of strength, skill or climbing talent.

Remember that climbing jeans tend to be cut with the amazingly-named "diamond gusset" to allow for full hip range of motion (as well as having some stretch).

The diamond gusset was also the secret ingredient of the Chuck Norris Action Jeans of the 1980s. This is in no way relevant, I just like getting to say "Chuck Norris Action Jeans."

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal