UKBouldering.com

Forehead slap of the day... (Read 2158 times)

Obi-Wan is lost...

• forum hero
Forehead slap of the day...
April 04, 2014, 03:01:59 pm
 :slap:
This tickled me..so I (along several 1000 other network users) get an email saying I've got too much storage in my personal network drive (H:) which includes MyDocs, Downloads etc.

The IT support bods made a intranet page about this but instead of putting the advice of what/how to delete on there, they made a Word doc about it, with loads of uncompressed screen grabs so it totals nearly a 1mb file...and guess where it saves to when you open it....yup, the very place they are trying to reduce in size.
 :thumbsup:  :chair:  :slap:
Nice one IT support bods.

Jay d

#1 Re: Forehead slap of the day...
April 04, 2014, 05:51:21 pm
I can beat that - I spent ages trying to explain to IT why it was a problem when they had emailed our new staff their log on and passwords to their work emails! Dozy bstards  :wall: then the week after they did it again  :wall:

Paul B

• forum hero
#2 Re: Forehead slap of the day...
April 04, 2014, 06:05:53 pm
Nat's company changed their IT support to an online system. You can imagine how useful that is when the login entry system or password reset fails (like after being away for 6 months and being locked out automatically), as you can't gain access to the system and there's no phone number.

Jaspersharpe

• forum hero
  • 1B punter
  • Allez Oleeeve!
#3 Re: Forehead slap of the day...
April 04, 2014, 06:17:21 pm
Online hold thing at HMRC "Most queries can be addressed by visiting our website etc...". Yeah, I'm on hold on the dedicated online helpline for when your website has fucked up. But thanks for that.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

lagerstarfish

• forum hero
  • Weapon Of Mass
  • "There's no cure for being a c#nt"
#4 Re: Forehead slap of the day...
April 04, 2014, 08:31:36 pm
our phones at work come through our PCs

using "office communicator"

brilliant for being able to take a call at whichever computer you're logged on to

absolutely useless for when you can't log on... and need to phone IT to sort it

SA Chris

• forum hero
    • http://groups.msn.com/ChrisClix
#5 Re: Forehead slap of the day...
April 07, 2014, 08:24:54 am
Nat's company changed their IT support to an online system. You can imagine how useful that is when the login entry system or password reset fails

Yeah we have that, great.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal