UKBouldering.com

Bike wanted (Read 3760 times)

Plattsy

• forum hero
Bike wanted
April 03, 2014, 05:07:33 pm
I'm looking for a cheap old bike for a me. I'm not after anything special. Just something for getting about Sheff. If it needs some stuff fixing that's ok too I'm happy to spend a few bob to get it up and running. An old MTB ideally with no suspension or road bike. If anyone has one cluttering up their garage they wouldn't mind getting rid of please let me know. Thanks.

bigtuboflard

• forum abuser
#1 Re: Bike wanted
April 03, 2014, 08:04:16 pm
How much you wanting to spend? when you say cheap do you mean cheap or really cheap?!

Plattsy

• forum hero
#2 Re: Bike wanted
April 03, 2014, 09:33:44 pm
I was thinking <£100 or so though this may be unreasonably cheap as I'm not sure what 2nd hand bikes should go for. Do you have a bike you'd consider selling?

bigtuboflard

• forum abuser
#3 Re: Bike wanted
April 04, 2014, 05:29:25 am
I've got a couple I might be wanting to move on actually. I've got a single speed classic On One inbred in white, bit battered but in good working order. New front wheel recently. Size 16". Or, also got an On One Pompino too, again, single speed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Plattsy

• forum hero
#4 Re: Bike wanted
April 04, 2014, 08:54:10 am
I like the sound of them. Now you mention size (not something I'd thought about) I'm 6' 1" tall. Would a 16" size frame be too small or would the seat post extended just fit? I'd be happy to come round and take a look at them.

bigtuboflard

• forum abuser
#5 Re: Bike wanted
April 04, 2014, 11:31:28 am
the mountain bike would definitely be too small for you, i've already got the seatpost at almost max extension and I am 5ft9! The road/cyclocross bike might be a bit of a better fit but you might be a bit cramped still (i.e. top tube too short).

I'd normally expect fatdoc to come in here and offer some expertise!  ;)

Plattsy

• forum hero
#6 Re: Bike wanted
April 05, 2014, 10:00:00 am
Yeah Fatdoc where are you?  :)

Ok so the MTB is out. I'd still be interested and checking out the Pompino to see if how it fits. If you still fancy selling it PM me your number.

bigtuboflard

• forum abuser
#7 Re: Bike wanted
April 05, 2014, 10:57:35 am
Ok will do. Am busy today but will be in touch at some point over the weekend. Am Sheffield region based by the way.

SamT

• forum hero
#8 Re: Bike wanted
April 05, 2014, 07:55:57 pm

I might be interested in the 16" Bigtb.. whats the sketch?

bigtuboflard

• forum abuser
#9 Re: Bike wanted
April 05, 2014, 10:29:03 pm
It's an on one inbred, had it about 8 years or so. Pretty we'll used but in reasonable nick, upgraded canti brakes, new front wheel, lots of paint chips and rubs but still a really nice ride. Probably not worth a huge amount but willing to take an offer. Can post some photos if you like?

DAVETHOMAS90

• forum hero
  • Dave Thomas is an annual climber to 1.7m, with strongly fragrant flowers
  • Don't die with your music still inside you ;)
#10 Re: Bike wanted
April 06, 2014, 12:07:06 pm
Hi.

I'd also be interested in the bike if BTOL doesn't take it! I'm 5'9/5'10. Live in Nether Edge.

Anyone else out there with a bike they'd like to sell, road bike preferred?

Dave.

bigtuboflard

• forum abuser
#11 Re: Bike wanted
April 06, 2014, 03:52:38 pm
Hi there Dave, Plattsy has just taken delivery (well, he came to pick it up) of the Pompino so thats gone I'm afraid. The Inbred mountain bike is still in the spare room but if you are after a road bike it's probably not what you're after, though don't let me talk you out of it! If SamT isn't interested too by all means your welcome to take a look, I'm in Hathersage so close enough too

Giuly

#12 Re: Bike wanted
April 07, 2014, 09:21:11 am
Hi!
I'm also interested in the mountain bike (I am 1.66m).
Is still available?

Cheers

bigtuboflard

• forum abuser
#13 Re: Bike wanted
April 07, 2014, 09:25:26 am
Hi!
I'm also interested in the mountain bike (I am 1.66m).
Is still available?

Cheers
Yep, still available, I haven't advertised anywhere else yet so its a UKB exclusive offer at the moment. It might be a bit big for you at that height, kind of depends on your style of riding (I prefer riding slightly smaller frames for my height), but welcome for a test ride. PM me if you want to take a look at some point this week.

SamT

• forum hero
#14 Re: Bike wanted
April 07, 2014, 10:48:46 am
I'll offically dib out of the inbred if others are keen.

bigtuboflard

• forum abuser
#15 Re: Bike wanted
April 07, 2014, 10:55:44 am
I'll offically dib out of the inbred if others are keen.
OK cheers Sam. To be honest if I didn't sell it I wouldn't be too upset as it is one of my all time favourite bikes in terms of how it rides, its just that I can't justify keeping so many bikes and I need space for when my Singular arrives at the end of the summer  :)

DAVETHOMAS90

• forum hero
#16 Re: Bike wanted
April 08, 2014, 02:31:48 am
Could very well be interested in the mountain bike anyway - don't have a car at the moment, and anything that will roll down the hill from Stanage will be fine - although I'd be far more appreciative of it than that!

As I'm something of a relic, PM means post me? Or can I just text my number publicly? I'll just keep popping in anyway. No worries if I'm beaten to it.

Best, Dave.

Bubba

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
#17 Re: Bike wanted
April 08, 2014, 06:24:17 am
As I'm something of a relic, PM means post me? Or can I just text my number publicly?
PM is "Private Message" Dave - if you go to the top of the page there's a "My Messages" link where you can send a private message to another user and read their replies - it's better to do that than posting details publicly.

When you get a PM from a user, you'll get a notification email and a message when you log in (you can change these settings in your profile if required)

slackline

• forum hero
    • Sheffield Boulder
#18 Re: Bike wanted
April 08, 2014, 07:22:07 am
An easy way to send Personal Messages to a user is to click on the envelope underneath their picture/username that appears next to a post.

DAVETHOMAS90

• forum hero
#19 Re: Bike wanted
April 08, 2014, 11:49:43 am
 Thanks guys. Assumed it was something like that. Public PM to Mike: Good to hear from you. I'll give you a buzz  :)

bigtuboflard

• forum abuser
#20 Re: Bike wanted
April 08, 2014, 12:21:09 pm
As I'm something of a relic, PM means post me? Or can I just text my number publicly?
PM is "Private Message" Dave - if you go to the top of the page there's a "My Messages" link where you can send a private message to another user and read their replies - it's better to do that than posting details publicly.

When you get a PM from a user, you'll get a notification email and a message when you log in (you can change these settings in your profile if required)
Cheers Bubba, message received! :)

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal