UKBouldering.com

[Peak][Stanage][2 probs][6b+/6c] (Read 1347 times)

BAndy

• player
[Peak][Stanage][2 probs][6b+/6c]
April 03, 2014, 05:05:33 pm
Two possible new problems in the Cracked Wall area of Stanage (two buttresses north of Blow Peter). Not classic but worth doing if you're in the area. I also did Blow Peter on the same day. Felt 7a to me. It's very good but very painful!

Blow Rider (6b+). Sit start under the route Crawly with one hand on the pedestal and one on the lip of the roof. Hand traverse right along the lip for a few moves then move up to the break and large hold on the right arête. Make a tricky move up into the start of the route Creepy Crawly. (There looked to be some chalk and worn footholds under the roof so it or something similar may have been done but not recorded).

Pulling Teeth (6c). Located on the side wall of the Cracked Wall buttress (facing ESE towards Broken Buttress) to the right of the crack of the route Meaty Bugs. Start left hand on a shallow dish with a pebble scar in it (unfortunately I managed to remove the amazing large pebble) and right hand on a cluster of small pebbles next to it. Make a tricky high step to reach the good pocket just below the top. Could be extended with a low/sit start to the left if you like pain.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal