UKBouldering.com

Wimberry today? (Read 2180 times)

mark

• forum abuser
Wimberry today?
July 09, 2004, 09:55:20 am
Anyone across on the Wimberry side of the Peak care to offer an opinion on the weather? It's cold and windy here in Sheffield and I'm considering heading across in an hour or so. Do you reckon that would be foolish?

a dense loner

• forum hero
#1 Wimberry today?
July 09, 2004, 10:03:33 am
it look's a bit overcast but doesn't look like it's gonna rain. if it doesn't rain i think it will be pretty good conditions. if it does rain i would go n traverse/do up probs on the back wall at hobson moor. i would chance it.
 :D

mark

• forum abuser
#2 Wimberry today?
July 09, 2004, 10:06:47 am
Excellent, thanks. I'm gone!

clm

• forum hero
#3 Wimberry today?
July 09, 2004, 07:10:27 pm
Need beta on winsome. can get lefthand on obvious high but shit side pull jobby but cant get into the flakey job by any means.  seems to get too steeep to stick.  feets goin from bridge on pebbels then onto obvious clean but poor smear.  how to get feet on good dish is mystery.

Johnny Brown

• forum hero
#4 Wimberry today?
July 09, 2004, 08:37:10 pm
trust the poor smear :wink:

beware the ledge ain't as good as it looks - tis filthy dirty

clm

• forum hero
#5 Wimberry today?
July 09, 2004, 08:40:42 pm
The poor smear pops and i bail.  never tried it in t cold tho.

mark

• forum abuser
#6 Wimberry today?
July 10, 2004, 10:19:59 am
Winsome came very close to spoiling an excellent day for me yesterday. Had a great time doing the recommended problems. Highlights were the Fish Groove and Arete. Arete in particular I thought was brilliant. Then headed down to have a go at Winsome. A few goes later my right foot slipped off a pebble while I was looking down at my feet. Forehead cracked into the rock as I hurtled off. OW!! Blood trickling down my face I decided to call it a day. Apologies if there's a chunk of blood and skin left on the problem.

Dolly

• forum hero
#7 Wimberry today?
July 10, 2004, 10:11:31 pm
Do you think you might get a scar ?

clm

• forum hero
#8 Wimberry today?
July 10, 2004, 11:05:43 pm
need more bets.  i climb the left hand side of the slab at the start and end up bridged on pebbles quite high up.  i have my right hand on the good but lowish side pull (the one which has a pebble socket for your little finger) and my left hand is either ona low pebble or high on the side pull above my head.  now jonny says trust the poor smear but i cant achieve a position which loads this smear or moves me past it. :?  even ifi trust it what am i aiming for? how do i get feet into the good dish? i hate to beg for beta but the number of times i have bailed from the same high point is getting ridiculous (and boring).  i guess many other people have the same problem as everything is dirty past where i get to.

mark

• forum abuser
#9 Wimberry today?
July 11, 2004, 06:50:22 pm
Quote from: "Dolly"
Do you think you might get a scar ?

Psychological scarring definitely. Think I may be traumatised by even just thinking about pebbly slabs. Friends don't let friends climb slabs.

a dense loner

• forum hero
#10 Wimberry today?
July 11, 2004, 10:40:45 pm
why do u think i din't put it in my recommended circuit :wink:

dave

#11 Wimberry today?
July 12, 2004, 09:33:04 am
winsome is great - unforunatley i did it over a year ago in about 6 goes so i can't remember anyting specific about beta. i just remember working my way up bridging on pebble/sidepulls till i could hang some holds to work slightly right for that shite slopey ledge/sidepull feature. i remember less about the climbing and more about the fact my spotter was sat on a neighbouring block on the phone to cofe, leaving my small Pod mat looking like a very small target. cracking problem.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal