UKBouldering.com

Dissertation Questionnaire on Climbing Training (2mins) (Read 2769 times)

Charlie T

Hi guys,

I am currently writing my dissertation on specific climbing training and its place within the sport, if you could complete the following questionnaire it would be greatly appreciated!

Shouldnt take more than 2 minutes

http://splashurl.com/ppj98pd

Thanks in advance!!!

Fiend

• _
  • forum hero
  • Abominable sex magick practitioner and climbing heathen
  • Whut
Done. Tried to find the usual glaring problems that almost all such surveys have, but couldn't, so just answered the questions.

dontfollowme

• Trusted Users
  • junky
Q5 seemed like two questions in one.

Charlie T

i wanted to leave question 5 open to interpretation as a lot of people have differing prefered and more frequently used styles (eg climbing indoors to prepare for outdoor sport etc)

Sasquatch

• forum hero
  • www.akclimber.com
    • AkClimber
That's actually the problem with the question.  You'll get some who answer preferred, and some who answer more frequent.  So the question is flawed.  You either should have made it two questions, or left it as one of the two types.  For example, my preferred is bouldering outside, but my frequent is bouldering inside. 

andybfreeman

• menacing presence
That's actually the problem with the question.  You'll get some who answer preferred, and some who answer more frequent.  So the question is flawed.  You either should have made it two questions, or left it as one of the two types.  For example, my preferred is bouldering outside, but my frequent is bouldering inside.

+1. I added a comment to the survey to clarify

Pebblespanker

• stalker
  • Old, grey and weak as a kitten
Done.

Wondered why in a survey to be used for a dissertation about training you didn't ask how often people train per week as well?? I train 3-4 times per week but only get out, weather permitting, 1 or 2 days max in a week and this winter it has ben even less - I'm sure others are in the same boat. The list of training types is a little odd, theres no mention of running or smilar aerobic stuff or yoga, but you do include Rock Rings that I imagine are only used by a small minority???

Best of luck with the dissertation

SA Chris

• forum hero
    • http://groups.msn.com/ChrisClix
Done. Agree Q5 is a split question, have substantiated my answer.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal